5 stone to loose anyone ??????

sparkle05

Reaction score
Hello ladies :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I have 5 stone to loose and am getting myself a little upset about it :cry:

I start a diet every monday and by wednesday i have failed :dohh:

Would anyone like to come on a weight loss journey with me ? I would like to set a long term goal of 3 stone of it gone by christmas :thumbup: Thats 30 weeks :thumbup:

I am trying to picture myself at my works christmas do wearing something nice :winkwink: and not something big and frumpy :blush:

I would love a diet buddy or buddies if anyone is up for it :hugs::hugs::hugs:

:wine: here's to a slimmer christmas

WEIGHT LOSS BUDDIES

:flower: SPARKLE05 :flower:
Starting weight 16st 11lbs
Working towards a small term goal of 1 stone by august :thumbup:
Week 1, - 5lbs :thumbup:
Week 2, - 2lbs :thumbup:
Week 3, STS
wEEK 4, STS

:flower: Mummy1985 :flower:
Starting weight 14st 11lbs
Working towards a short term goal of 29lbs :thumbup:
Week 1, - 6lbs :thumbup:
Week 2, - 1lb :thumbup:
Week 3, - 0.5lbs :thumbup:

:flower: Heathergc :flower:
Starting weight 13st 1lbs
Week 1, - STS :thumbup:
Week 2, + 2lbs

:flower: Pink23 :flower:
Starting weight 12st
Week 1, - 4lbs :thumbup:
Week 2, - 1lbs :thumbup:
Week 3, STS :thumbup:
Week 4, + 3lbs

:flower: Lucky3 :flower:
Starting weight 17st 5lbs
Working towards a short term goal of 14lbs :thumbup:
Week 1, - 5lbs :thumbup:
Week, 2 - 3lbs :thumbup:
Week 3, - 5lbs :thumbup:

:flower: Cottlestonpie :flower:
Starting weight 17st 3lbs Joined the buddy group @ 16st 7lbs
Working towards ashort term goal of 14st 3lbs by christmas :thumbup:
Week 1, - 3lbs :thumbup:
Week 2, - 3lbs :thumbup:
Week 3, - 3lbs :thumbup:
Week 4, - 3lbs :thumbup::thumbup:

:flower: Jenny_wren :flower:
Starting weight 19st 12lbs
Working towards a small term goal of 18st :thumbup:
Week 1, - 2lbs :thumbup:
Week 2, - 1lbs :thumbup:
Week 3, - 2lbs :thumbup:

:flower: Pink1981 :flower:
Starting weight 16st 11lbs
Week 1, STS, :thumbup:
Week,2, STS :thumbup:
Week 3, - 5lbs :thumbup:
Week 4, sts :thumbup:

:flower: Mummytoamber :flower:
Starting weight 11st 13lbs
Working towards a small term goal of 11st :thumbup:
Week 1, - 1lb lost :thumbup:
Week 2, - 1,1/2lbs :thumbup:
Week 3, - 0.5lbs :thumbup:
Week 4, -2lbs :thumbup:

:flower: Danniemummy :flower:
Starting weight
All ready lost 11lbs
Week 1, - 3 1/2lbs :thumbup:
Week 2,

:flower: Kaceysmummy :flower:
11lbs already lost, Started the diet buddies at 16st 2lbs
Week 1,

:flower: Tegans mama :flower:
Starting weight
Week 1,

:flower: Reba :flower:
Starting weight 18st 3lbs
Short term goal 25lbs :thumbup:
Joined diet buddies on week 3
Week 4, Reba's week 1 - 1 lbs :thumbup:

:flower: Chetnaz :flower:
Starting weight 15st 9lbs
Short term goal 14st :thumbup:
Week 1, - 1lb :thumbup:

:flower: Jellycat :flower:
Starting weight 18st 6lbs
Current weight 17st 7lbs
Short term goal 16st 6lbs
joined weight loss buddies on week 3 :thumbup:
Week 3, Jellycats week 1 - 3.5lbs :thumbup:
Week 4, Jellycats week 2, - 4lbs :thumbup:

:flower: Skweek35 :flower:
Starting weight 15st 1lbs
Current weight 13st 7.5 lbs
Already lost 21.5 lbs :thumbup:
Joined weight loss buddies on week 4

:flower: Channy3232 :flower:
Starting weight 16st 12lbs
Current weight 16st 5lbs
Already lost 7 lbs
Joined weightloss buddies on week 4

:flower: Amy-lea :flower:
Starting weight

:flower: Mrs bop :flower:

:flower: Gingernut :flower:
Starting weight 19st
Working towards a short term goal of 16st :thumbup:
Week 1, Got her :bfp: :happydance: Congratulations Gingernut.

:flower: Topsy :flower:
Starting weight 14st 6lbs
Working towards a goal of 10 stone :thumbup:
Week 1, Got her :bfp: :happydance: Congratulations Topsy.

Hiya!

You can do it! Just got set your mind to go, set yourself small goals, small challenges.

Like do 20mins exercise 3 times a week, then up it to 5 times a week, then up the minutes to 30mins 3 x a week, etc, complete little stuff will make you feel miles better, give you the drive to go for it.

As for food, dont cut out everything you love, dont refuse yourself anything you want. Everything is fine in moderation.

Swap bad habits for better ones, fizzy drinks etc for water, green tea.
White carbs for wholemeal/wholegrain.
Watch your soduim intake.

Take photos, watch your body change.

Ive lost 5st, you can do this too xx

you can do it, i lost 3 stone a couple of years ago, i have managed to keep it fairly stable , i did it my eating a healthy breakfast of all bran with soya milk, a yogurt and half a grapefruit, the at about 11 on morning break i'd have a banana, then had home made sop for dinner and tea as i normally would, whatever i fancied, just cut the portion a little, if i was peckish i'd have some fruit or much on celery or carrot! i didnt really eat bread and i also went swimming for an hour on a morning for 5 days a week, that all stemed from having physio from a broken femur in a car accident 4 years ago!

i seemed to of plattoed ever since tho as i ride my bike 5-6 miles a day goin to work , stand all day in my job and eat healthy but no more ever comes off! still could do to loose 4 stone!

Thank you so much for the reply :hugs:

Congratulations on your weight loss, that's fantastic :thumbup:

Very good advice thank you. I am starting tomorrow and i will still be on the wagon on wednesday lol. I am the only one standing in my way :dohh:

Thank you so much for the reply :hugs:

Congratulations on your weight loss, that's fantastic :thumbup:

Very good advice thank you. I am starting tomorrow and i will still be on the wagon on wednesday lol. I am the only one standing in my way :dohh:

you can do it just be positive! xx

when i lost weight i still went out for meals and ate what i wanted and drank plenty of water too, i'd drink a pint if i felt hungry x

Thanks hellybean, more good advice for me to follow. Thanks for the reply :hugs::hugs:

Congratulations on you weightloss. I lost weight before so i know that i can do it, i just don't know whats wrong witrh me right now lol :hugs:

Hi Sparkle05, I have 5 stones to lose, i'll be your diet buddy! Like you I end up giving up really easily and have very little willpower so having a buddy to keep each other on the right track sounds great! What are you planning on doing?
I went and bought myself some good electronic scales yesterday (i dont weigh myself usually, but thought I better commit and do it if i'm serious), I'm also going to try the biggest loser shakes, to kickstart my diet. I've heard they are quite good, so I'm going to give it a go. I'll be having a shake for breakfast and lunch, with healthy snacks in between and a healthy dinner.

I've also measured myself and i'm planning on taking pictures today. Would you be interested in doing the same and we could share our results? We could always pm each other or email rather than post it here if you're not keen on everyone seeing!

I want to lose a couple of dress sizes by august as we're planning a holiday and for once I dont want to look like a hippo in a swimsuit. I'm a size 16/18 (more an 18) now so would like to be a comfy size 14 for the holiday.

Here's to a great start to our diet today :winkwink::thumbup:

Hello chetnaz :hugs::hugs:

Thank you I would love you to be my diet buddy :thumbup::thumbup:

I am starting the slimming world today. I have joined on line and also have the books from around 2 years ago. I have tried other diets but always end up feeling hungry, with the slimming world there are lots of free foods so i can munch away all day lol.
I thought i might set myself some exercise goals weekly as well. One of the ladies above suggest it, so i think i will aim for 20 minutes 3 times a week this week :dohh:
Do you do any exercise all ready ?

I am a size 18/20 and bulge out of everything :blush: I am happy to post on here in the hope we may help someone else. We can also PM and email as well if you like :thumbup:

I will go and weigh myself when little one goes down for a nap in a while. I have never measured but i will do this too and let you know the results. I don't think i can bear to take a photo :blush:

Thanks so much for jumping aboard, I all ready feel like i ive been empowered to do this lol.

I have about 4 and a half to lose in total but have set myself a short term goal so it doesn't seem so mammoth! I have also joined slimming world so hopefully we can motivate each other! I'm also in the thread 28lbs later as that is my short term target!

I'm off shopping today to stock up on "free foods" :)

:hi: mummy1985

I am stocking up today too :happydance::happydance:

I am just running through some old slimming world cook books and making a menu for this week. The house is in a right state after the weekend but today i do not care :wacko: I'm on a mission for slimness :winkwink:

Morning Sparkle! That's great that you've joined Slimming World. I was going to SW a few months back (well I went for a month) and I lost just under a stone but I quit because I was BFing the twins and was ALWAYS craving naughty things and the last two weigh ins i gained or stayed the same so I didn't think it was worth going until I stopped BFing. I also have the books at home and the plan is to start on it in a couple of weeks but I wanted to try the biggest loser shakes first as I thought if I lose quickly the first 2 weeks, it may spur me on to continue (well thats what i'm hoping!). I had my first shake about half an hour ago and I have to admit, I didn't like the taste to it, but I will do it for this week and finish off the sachets I bought. Maybe go on SW next week and just do the shakes for a week.

Ok here's my statistics (I am cringing as I am writing this!)

Start Date 6/5/11

Start Weight: 15st 9lb

Measurements:

Chest: 44 inches
Waist: 39 inches
Hips: 52 inches
Thighs: 27 inches
Arms: 12.5 inches

I will post photos in a bit.

:hi: mummy1985

I am stocking up today too :happydance::happydance:

I am just running through some old slimming world cook books and making a menu for this week. The house is in a right state after the weekend but today i do not care :wacko: I'm on a mission for slimness :winkwink:

I didn't buy any of the cookbooks as I wanted to make sure I could get on with the diet, but it looks good (unlimited pasta! yay!) so I'll probably buy one next week :)

I'm all motivated now lol woooo :happydance::happydance:

Ok here are the pics (i can't believe I'm doing this - now I HAVE to lose weight! lol)

Mummy1985 welcome, now we are the three amigos! Would you like to post measurements, weight, pics etc? Come on ladies, dont let me be the only one. Good luck to us all today xx

Attachments

• 249993_10150190974835808_588595807_7246935_5557820_n[1].jpg
    249993_10150190974835808_588595807_7246935_5557820_n[1].jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 253461_10150190979095808_588595807_7246990_6914579_n[1].jpg
    253461_10150190979095808_588595807_7246990_6914579_n[1].jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 247977_10150190979050808_588595807_7246988_7380850_n[1].jpg
    247977_10150190979050808_588595807_7246988_7380850_n[1].jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 19
Oh my good god who have i been kidding that i need to loose 5 stone, It's more like 6 :dohh::blush:

Right here we go. I am hiding under the table as i write this :blush:

My statistics are -

Start weight 6/6/11 16st 11lbs :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Chest 47 inch :cry:

Waist 43 inch :cry:

Thighs 27 inch :cry:

Arms 15 inch :cry:

Oh my god i am off to hide in the shed until Christmas :blush:

Also wanted to share this pic. I was n a diet before I had the twins and went from a size 20 to a size 16/18. Took this pic then and I was well chuffed with it - I had a waist again! So this is the pic that will be inspiring me that I can do it again!

Attachments

• 248796_10150190981540808_588595807_7247047_5165805_n[1].jpg
    248796_10150190981540808_588595807_7247047_5165805_n[1].jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 9
Right ladies here's one of me taking my measurements

images[8].jpg

:rofl::rofl:

I will put some more on later lol. I will try my 6 year old on the camera otherwise i will have to wait for DH.

Oh my good god who have i been kidding that i need to loose 5 stone, It's more like 6 :dohh::blush:

Right here we go. I am hiding under the table as i write this :blush:

My statistics are -

Start weight 6/6/11 16st 11lbs :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Chest 47 inch :cry:

Waist 43 inch :cry:

Thighs 27 inch :cry:

Arms 15 inch :cry:

Oh my god i am off to hide in the shed until Christmas :blush:

Hun mine is over 5 stones too, i want to get down to 10 stones. Is there room in the shed for me??

Are any of you ladies on facebook ? They have a slimming world page with photos of peoples food and loads of advice e.c.t. I find it quite helpful when i don't know what to do for tea :hugs::hugs:

ahhh sparkle we WILL look like that lol! Here goes.....

Starting weight 6/6/11 14st 1lb - I'm short so I'm supposed to be about 9st 7lbs!

Ok here's my measurements:

Chest 39 ins
Waist 42 ins
Hips 42.5 ins
Thighs 25 ins
Arms 14 ins

Photos coming next!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads