5 week 5 day ultrasound, has this happened to you?

Roschey

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I had my first OB appointment yesterday. This is my third pregnancy. In February I had a laproscopic surgery to retrieve a perforated Mirena that was up by my liver. Doc wanted to do an ultrasound to confirm how far along I was after all the mirena problems. The ultrasound tech said, "that looks like it could be a gestational sac" and measured it to be 5 weeks 5 days. I had estimated that I was 6 weeks 0 days so this wasn't too far off. But what we did see was very small, and somewhat blurry, and there was no obvious pole or yolk sac or embryo. Doc had me get labs to check for things like hcg and progesterone levels. I'm still waiting for the results. The lab said my hcg was over 2000 and thier machine can't measure any higher so they had to send it to a different lab for processing. I'm terrified that this could be a blighted ovum or something. Could it just be too early for my little bean? I go back for a follow up ultrasound in 3 weeks but how on earth will I survive that wait?! Anyone else experience this but end up having a completely healthy pregnancy? Am I worrying over nothing? Thanks ladies!!

I feel your anxiety Hun and I'm sending massive hugs your way, I'm currently on my second week of waiting for a follow up u/s for a similar reason. Mine was 5+2 ( a week behind my dates) and showed a gestational sac and a yolk sac. Just remember at these early gestations it's a matter of millimeters. Everything is so tiny so it's entirely possible that if you go in three weeks you'll see a healthy little bean. Many women have had the same experience and had a good outcome.
Try and keep positive.

Hi girls, I had some spotting and pain at 6+5 so I was scanned and there was a gestational sack and fetal pole but no heart beat, they brought me back at 8 weeks and there was a heartbeat! So you are still really early to be seeing much more then what you saw, fingers crossed all will be ok in your follow up scans :flower:

At 5w6d we saw nothing but an empty gestational sac at my ultrasound. The tech didn't say anything about it being good or bad, but I spent the next 5-6 weeks convinced that I was carrying a blighted ovum.. since everyone else seemed to see so much more at their scans from the same gestation. However, at 11 weeks my NT scan confirmed that there was a healthy little baby in there, measuring right on track. :)

All that to say, it's still really early. I think you have a good chance of everything being perfectly fine. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Thank you so much ladies! I'm going to try my best to just relax and look forward to my next scan. Whatever is going on in there really can't be changed between now and then, so the more relaxed I can stay the better! You've definitely helped put me a little more at ease!

With my second I went for an early scan because my cycle was so irregular I didn't know how far along I was. It measured 5w5d and could only see the sac. I went back 3 weeks later and everything was perfectly fine

That's great news! My doctor called me today and said my hcg is over 7000 and my progesterone is 13. He said this is consistent for where I'm at in my pregnancy, but that he'd like my progesterone to be 15+ so he's started me on an oral progesterone 100mg twice a day. Hopefully this will keep things going smoothly!

At 6+1 we saw sac and 3.6mm fetal pole (I think) no heartbeat that early for me x

I had a scan at 5w 3 days and there was just a sac and nothing at all in it... I had one at 6w 2 days and there was a yolk sac and the starts of baby forming so don't worry too much ☺ the fact your numbers are over 2000 is really good too but they look more for the pattern (doubling every 48 hours) rather than the actual number xx

At 5 my HCG was 5000 and had a scan done a week later, saw yolk sac, tech said I was a little early and to come back in 3 weeks. I'm just happy I saw something but to me it looked like just a dot lol

Its so so so so super early! remember it just implanted like 10 days ago! Its so tiny! I had the same situation. Last week (so i was like 6 weeks 2 days) I went and we saw the sac and heartbeat, but the doc couldnt' predict gestational age and due date because it was so small and Ive been freaking out that there's something wrong, i'm so glad you posted you're going through a similar situation so I"m we are not alone!!! I go back in on thursday for another check so that would be around 7 weeks and 3 days, i hope that now she can assess more. i'm not a days counter typically as it's my 2nd pregnancy, but thought it would help others!

Thanks for sharing! Let us know how the follow up goes!!

With my twins they did a scan we thought I was 6 weeks an some days but all we saw was the ges sacs an no heartbeats went back two weeks later ( I was a for sure mess between that time)
Saw two heartbeats just as steady and beautiful as can be!

Sending hugs and loves

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->