5 week announcement

I personally say not yet, but do whatever feels right to you.

Personally I find that to be way too early because you never know what could happen in the next couple weeks. I waited till 12 weeks with my daughter to tell anyone really. This pregnancy we are waiting until 12 weeks to tell family and then 20 weeks on fb.

I say no but we told immediate family at 5 weeks like my mom to receive the support and words of wisdom. It makes the remaining few weeks ib first tri bearable especially if it's your first child.

But whoever you tell must also be just as comfortable sharing any bad news too. I personally am fine with parents and my mom.

I personally wouldn't. That is still very early. I'm waiting as long as I can with this one. Ideally 12 weeks, but immediate family at the earliest after we see the heartbeat at 8+ weeks.

Oh, yes. I told my mom around 6 weeks. I told my sisters, a few very close friends, and grandma around 7 weeks. I would not tell anyone else or announce on facebook for a while is what I meant.

I'm not planning on putting anything on Facebook until Xmas which will put me around 15-16 weeks. That will be after genetic blood work and such.

My advice would be tell whoever you would feel comfortable telling if you had a MC. That's not to scare you, hopefully and probably all will be well, but that's the reality of why people wait. If you think you would be OK to share any bad news with people then tell them your good news now and enjoy xxx

Go with what you feel comfortable with. We have told close friends but won't announce it publically til around 16 weeks. Family we may tell before then x

With my first pregnancy everyone and their dog knew by the time I was about 5 weeks. Second pregnancy we told immediate family straight away, and announced on FB after 12 week scan.

Currently 12wks 5days with #3. Immediate family know. My best friend knows. Haven't announced on FB, and don't even know if we will this time. Got a late "12 week scan" on Thursday, but we definitely won't be announcing then. My cousin has just announced her first pregnancy so I don't want to announce in the same week. We'll probably wait until the run up to christmas, if we even do a big announcement.

We're still super early, so only our immediate family knows. We've been discussing when to announce, Christmas seems a bit soon to us too. May hold out until Valentine's Day to announce to the rest of the world. :shhh:

You need to do what feels right to you. We have told parents and a few very close friends and I am and 4 w6d... We will probably be announcing to everyone else at 8 weeks... The way I see it, if something happens I would want them to know anyway and I would want the support from the people I love. There is no perfect time, if you are ready to share, then share away!!

i told my hubby and 2 good friends right away when i found out but i honestly wouldnt announce it further until your first scan, just to be safe.

but again this is totally up to you, only you know what is best xx

I agree with above, it's too soon for me to be comfortable with an announcement. We have told 4 friends, his dad and his brother at this point. After my first dr u/s, I will choose a date to tell my family, who are much less supportive than his dad/our friends which is why they are not yet in the know. After they know, we will do a big announcement. I had hoped that I would get my bfp in October, so that we could do a Christmas announcement, but I don't think I'll be ready yet at Christmas now. I won't be quite 9 weeks yet then.

I've told my family and friends, no Facebook till first scan. Oh's family don't know yet either.

No one but hubby knows in RL because of my history but I certainly wouldn't be put off sharing if you wish too.

People you are close to, Yes! no matter what happens its nice to have a few good people to rely on!

Im not posting on fb or telling everyone until 12 weeks scan is done :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->