5 week old just has cat naps during the day.

iiTTCii

Mummy of two
Reaction score
My LO will be 6 weeks on Thursday. For the past week, she has started being awake a lot during the day. She is sleeping well at night and just wakes up once for a feed.
She has set feeding times every 4 hours during the day and in between feeds she will only have 10-20 minute naps and seems to be awake all the time and when she is, she wants to be able to see me otherwise she cries so I can't even go to the kitchen to wash up. I have to try and fit everything in during her quick naps.
Is there anything I can do so that she has one longer sleep between feeds?

snap....although Bellas catnaps arent necessarily always during the day. she seems to have no concept of night and day yet even though i keep night time feeds etc upstairs and dark. She will have one or two decent 2-3 hour sleeps in the day. the rest of the time she is awake or only asleep for 20 mins. she cries alot more now than she ever used to but i always put it down to wind. I am not sure what to do with her when she is awake for hours as she cant take too much stimilation and looks tired!

Unfortunately, it's completely normal.

Have you tried a wrap or a sling? That may help her sleep for longer and you can still get things done.

Same thing in this house! Everything is interesting for a whole 2 minutes :haha:

No advice but just the same here!!! Jacob rarely has long naps in the day and spends most if his awake time moaning!! He is the most demanding baby I've had!! Xx

Same here! He will only sleep long if im holding him or he is on my knee and thats not possible with another child and a ton of housework lol. X

No advice but just the same here!!! Jacob rarely has long naps in the day and spends most if his awake time moaning!! He is the most demanding baby I've had!! Xx

Ditto this!

She did have a 2hr nap today... i couldnt believe it. Yesterday she had maybe 20x 5 minute naps haha

yeah B is a very high needs baby. i finally managed to get her to sleep by rocking her for 20 mins in a dark room. I am losing my mind cause i know i have a tough night ahead of me as she doesnt sleep well there either.

It's normal I'm afraid. My LO was a terrible cat napper I literally couldn't do anything and thort it would never end.

It's taken 7 months and he's finally taking longer naps, only advice (which ano you prob don't want to hear) is to hang in there.

It's normal I'm afraid. My LO was a terrible cat napper I literally couldn't do anything and thort it would never end.

It's taken 7 months and he's finally taking longer naps, only advice (which ano you prob don't want to hear) is to hang in there.

i wouldnt mind so much if she wasnt such a grump when she was awake. i wouldnt mind playing with her or reading to her etc but she just moans until you pick her up then when she has had enough she cries and hits you until you do something else with her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"