• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

5 week scan, yolk and sac but no fetal pole?

babypeach04

Reaction score
Hi,
I went for an early scan yesterday and was told that I measured 5 weeks 2 days (which is what my dates said I was) but that they could see a sac and a yolk but no fetal pole, and my sac was slightly irregular. They said it could be a missed miscarriage but I have to go back in two weeks time to check. I am so worried as this is my first pregnancy and I was so excited to be having a baby!
Has anyone else been told this at a scan and could I still be pregnant? X

I think its way too early to tell anything at 5 weeks.

At DD 5w scan, she was a sac and beginning of a yolk. 3 weeks later, she was a blob. So I suspect all is fine, don't worry to much.

This baby was just a sac and yolk sac at 5+4 and the tech said that was normal for that point in pregnancy

100% normal. 5 weeks all I saw was the same. Two weeks later a tiny tiny dot with a heart beat xx

That's completely normal. At 5+1 we saw nothing, not even a sac. Only a thick lining. I am 10+1 now! :D

Wow I can't believe they said it could be a missed miscarriage??? At 5w that's the most I'd expect to see. We only saw a yolk sac and gestational sac at 5w6d

Just like to add my reassurance to what these ladies have said. I had an early scan at 5 weeks due to pain and yolk and sac was all I saw. Went back 2 weeks later and saw our little one complete with heartbeat. I really wouldn't worry hun it's perfectly normal not to see much at that early stage. :hugs:

I can not believe they told you this.
just a sac and yolk is 110% normal at this stage!!
im sure you have absolutely nothing to worry about.
Just under 5 weeka I just had a sac,6 days later there was a yolk sac.
x

I had a scan at 5w 4d and saw the gestational and yolk sac, they said it looked doubtful so I was worried, went back in 2 weeks and there was my little baby with its heartbeat. Its scary, but im sure you will be okay!

I agree with everyone else! That's about all you should see at that point. I think early scans can just cause unnecessary worry. It will be fine!

I'm 36 weeks... Accidentally came into 1st trimester. Saw your post so thought I'd answer!

I had a scan at 5 weeks and there was yolk and sac but no fetal pole. Had another scan at 8 weeks and baby was there for all to see :) Just depends on the angle and how deep the tech can get. I wouldn't worry :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"