5 weeks and bleeding

Discussion in 'Miscarriage Support' started by Lerp20, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Lerp20

Lerp20 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Just looking for your experiences.

on Wednesday, I had cramps all day and then on Thursday early morning I went to the loo and wiped and there was bright red blood. From Thursday through to Friday afternoon, I had bleeding (I’d say a full pad each day) and now the bleeding isn’t visible on pads but just a little bit when I wipe - the cramps have near enough stopped.

I did call my my early pregnancy unit On Thursday and she said to keep an eye and get in touch if it gets worse or hurts a lot.

I know this could be the start of a MC and I'm only really early days but just wanted to see your thoughts?

2. RosieS84

RosieS84 Active Member

:Hugs: Could be possible MC.

My experience, I was bleeding for a few days. I wore one pad a day until I had heavy bleeding. It took about a week of spotting and bleeding to be over. The cramping was worse by the end.

If you start getting clots then it could be a MC.

3. Lerp20

Lerp20 Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing this! It’s my first pregnancy and as we are still keeping it secret, I don’t have anyone to turn to hence why this group is invaluable!

The blood seems to be better and only there when I wipe really but cramps are back! Just kind of want it over now!

4. Suggerhoney

Suggerhoney 40 And TTC'Praying for our last little miracle❤

Hi hon. I've bad 4 Misscariges in total.
    I lost my first baby at 10+4 weeks and the 3 other were very early losses or chemical pregnancies as they are scientifically known.

With my MC at 10+4 I had a bleed around 6 weeks with no clots or pain went to hospital and was given a scan. Saw baby and heartbeat but was told I was having a threatening Misscarige and to take things steady.
    The bleeding stopped but sadly at 10+4 weeks I felt this huge whoosh and it was blood.

Started having clots and lots of pain later that day. Was rushed to hospital because of how far i was and was told I had lost the baby. I had to have a D&C operation and a 4 day hosptal stay.

With the chemical pregnancies. 2 at 5 weeks and my latest one at 4 weeks 2 cycles ago I started bleeding like u wud with a period but it soon became very heavy with clots and intence pain.

So with all my Misscariges I had heavy bleeding with clots and bad cramps.
    I hope that helps.

I'm so sorry ure bleeding but I really hope it's not a Misscarige.
    I guess only time will tell hon but I'm keeping everything crossed for you that everything will be ok

5. Lerp20

Lerp20 Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for sharing this with me and I’m so sorry you’ve gone through so much!

yes, I think I’ll just have to wait it out and see really - it sucks but its our first time trying and so we’ll get there eventually if it doesn’t work out! I just feel very helpless!

6. Sander

Sander Well-Known Member

How are you doing Lerp?

7. Classic Girl

Classic Girl HPT House Mom!

Honestly with both of my true miscarriages (6+ weeks) I bled less than a normal period and in the second one, my body reabsorbed everything. That being said I’ve known tons of girls who’ve bled red blood for days...weeks even and been fine! Just has a SCH or something. Stay positive and know we’re here to support you!