5 weeks and its already hard to be at work- can anyone relate?

teaandme

Reaction score
I am just over 5 weeks and work is starting to get hard. The nausea and increased hunger make me feel like I am hungover and the fatigue and brain fog make me feel dumb. Today I almost failed a required recertification class for work that I have passed many times before. I was so embarrassed having to go back in and retake part of it and it makes me feel inadequate- like they shouldn't have given me another chance. Another part of this is that my anxiety is high because of recent stress at work and a miscarriage a few months ago.

I guess this is my clue that I need to start managing my stress better. I started going to acupuncture again, have plans to get more exercise and bought some foods like crackers and sour lemon drops to make that queasy feeling more manageable.

I just didn't expect the pregnancy symptoms to start affecting me so early. Has anyone else had this happen?

Yes, my nausea began full-force at 5 weeks making me feel inadequate at work. I would come in late because I was exhausted just getting ready for work, and I couldn't stay late to make up the hours because I was ready to collapse by evening. I had brain fog, and my nausea prevented me from being able to use the computer for long stretches at time.. i was having gastric, bloated, sooo uncomfortable and completely miserable.
It started becoming more manageable around 8 weeks onwards, and now I'm starting to have more good days than bad. Take care of yourself and don't be afraid to stay home to rest if you are able to. The light at the end of the tunnel will eventually appear, lol. Meanwhile, maybe experiment with different methods to help with the morning sickness? I find what works one week may not work the other and vice versa. E.g. Lemon water helped me tremendously for the first few weeks, then I found iced plain water was better. Tea in the mornings helped me for only about a week. I used to take fruit as an evening snack, but nowadays it makes me want to puke, so I eat bread instead.
Hope you're feeling better soon!

Thank you for responding skycastles. You are exactly right about what works 1 week may not work the next, every few days it seems like my tastes are changing. I'm going to try the lemon water, I can't even drink tea anymore in the morning and I've always been a tea lover. I know what you mean about fruit, makes me feel sick and I am actually eating bread right now and it really helps settle my stomach. Thanks again for the reply!

I was like this. Was really sick. The best things that seemed to help me were cheese strings (!) and crackers. I did end up having time off sick though as I was struggling so much. The acupuncture should help. Hope you're feeling better soon!

I'm just exhausted!!! I used to work full time night shifts with ds3 and now only working 2 evenings/nights a week but I'm finding it soo hard!!! X

I'm really struggling, I'm 9 weeks now and have been struggling for 5 weeks. So tired I can hardly make it through the day! The smells of people's food in work, the walking around, the heat then the cold! I'm struggling so much x

Laurenmomma- I can so relate to what you are saying. The smell of food cooking has been getting to me lately.
The acupuncture seems to help a little, my morning sickness seems to be less bad in the morning but it is still there all day.

Yeah I was saying today it's a lot less of a morning now I'm managing breakfast but then afternoons and evening I feel terrible, I feel starving get my favourite food and can't even eat it!

I feel really dizzy and just off at the moment too ��

Iv now got a 3 day first aid course to do in a classroom for 8 hours a day followed by travelling 100 miles to a 2 day course and back, I'm struggling thinking about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->