5 weeks and spotting...help!!

daniella00

Mother of two!
Reaction score
Hi,
I was five weeks on Saturday and noticed some dark brown discharge Friday evening which then turned into blood. :cry:
It seemed to be only there when I wiped though....I went to the doctors Monday and she checked my cervix and said it was closed and that she could see a little brown blood but everything seemed ok! I've got to go for blood tests on Thursday and next Tuesday to check my hormone levels.
I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else and did it all work out ok?
I'm still spotting a tiny bit but it's mostly brown and not red.
I did have a miscarriage 6 years ago at 18 weeks. I bled at 7 (very red and heavy) and then stopped and started again at 14 weeks which then led to the miscarriage.
I have since then had a beautiful baby boy in 2012 and had no problems at all apart from a small amount of brown mucus discharge but nothing like I'm having now...
Sorry this is a long post! On Friday I had convinced myself I would miscarry and I don't want to get my hopes up! :hugs:

I had spotting at 6 weeks, u/s showed there was a subchorionic hematoma (some blood pooled between uterine wall and gestational sac). Doc said it happens, but it doesn't necessarily mean bad news. The spotting could be the hematoma getting reabsorbed and "draining" away. She said to expect bleeding/spotting for several weeks. Brown, red, maybe even some clots. Only worry if there's some tissue coming out. FX:hugs:

I had three bright red gushing bleeds, and spotted from weeks 5-9 with all kinds of colored blood, red, maroon, brown, even passed black stringy things and clots. I had a bleed in my uterus. But at 12 weeks it's gone and my baby is doing great, Praise God. My body just healed and the blood and clots I passed was my uterus cleaning itself out. I did take it easy for a while- no exercise, lifting, or sex. I hope everything turns out well for you. Congrats on your pregnancy!

Thanks so much, hopefully my doctors will send me for a scan before 12 weeks so I will know more soon! (I hope!)

I had spotting in my first pregnancy until 8 or 9 weeks. Brown at times, red at times, mostly just when wiping, like you. Beta test results were good, never had an early u/s so don't know what the cause was. My son is a happy and healthy toddler now. Good luck to you :)

I had brown spotting when I was around 6/7 weeks and everything turned out fine they did an emergency scan on me and the baby was fine, I wouldn't worry brown blood means old blood, hope all goes well☺

Thank you for all your reassurance! I've been for my first blood test today so hopefully by this time next week I should know what's going on! I'm hoping they will send me for an early scan too! It's been mostly brown today and hardly got any now...it's so worrying though. :cry::cry: x

Hi Daniella... hope you get some answers soon! :hugs:
I'm 6 weeks today and started spotting this AM, mainly it's when I wipe and it's pinkish/red watery when I wipe. I have mild cramps and so scared. I have a scan today ... hoping we'll have some answers today on what is causing it. My HCG levels are good, but after this bleed dr might want to re-take them to make sure they are still raising. Good Luck to the both of us...

I'm 6 weeks today and started spotting this AM, mainly it's when I wipe and it's pinkish/red watery when I wipe. I have mild cramps and so scared. I have a scan today ... hoping we'll have some answers today on what is causing it. My HCG levels are good, but after this bleed dr might want to re-take them to make sure they are still raising. Good Luck to the both of us...

Hi, how did your scan go? Fingers crossed everything went ok! I'm still bleeding a little bit but it's mostly in the morning when I wipe at around 11am, it's been the same time every day this week which is really weird! I've not had much brown today so I'm hoping things are calming down!
I've had some cramps too but had these with my previous pregnacy so I'm hoping it's all ok!!
Hope your ok!xx

Hi, how did your scan go? Fingers crossed everything went ok! I'm still bleeding a little bit but it's mostly in the morning when I wipe at around 11am, it's been the same time every day this week which is really weird! I've not had much brown today so I'm hoping things are calming down!
I've had some cramps too but had these with my previous pregnacy so I'm hoping it's all ok!!
Hope your ok!xx

Hi Daniella - my scan went great!!! Saw baby and the heartbeat. The Dr told me that the spotting is the start of the placenta attaching itself to the uterine wall. And to not be shocked if I see spotting go from pink to red to brown in small amounts. I only would see it in the AM when I wiped it's gone now but he said it was normal and he was not concerned.

Oh yay!! That's amazing news! I'm so happy for you!! :hugs:
Mine seems to only be red blood in the morning, it's very strange! I've got my second blood tests on Tuesday and hopefully they will send me for an early scan! Fingers crossed!!x

fx crossed that you get that early scan and that your blood work looks great! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->