5 weeks and tooth infection

jadza

Reaction score
Anyone have experiance with getting a wisdom tooth pulled during pregnancy? Pretty sure one of my wisdom teeth is infected. Its super sore. I can go to the doctors on the weekend. Should I go sooner to get antibiotics? Im just not sure how much of an issue it is...

Not sure if this helps or not, but I had a root canal which was advised to do during second trimester with my daughter. They took only one dental X-ray and loaded me up with multiple lead vests. My dentist only gave me antibiotics for the day before if I remember correctly but maybe every case is different with this. My Dr approved of the procedure and my daughter came out perfectly fine. Drs don't usually approve dental work besides cleaning unless it's an emergency, which it sounds like your situation is. Hope all goes well for you.

Get it sorted as soon as you can. There's nothing good about having an infection in pregnancy and there's no reason to be miserable. I'm not pregnant at the moment, but I had one a few weeks ago and it was hell. I feel so much better since having it sorted (I need a root canal, but they cleaned it all out and applied topical antibiotics, didn't need oral ones, and it feels completely fine now).

Im thinking about going in and getting my teeth cleaned and assessed to see how bad it is then ask the doctors what I can get done and when.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->