5 weeks pregnant AF type pains and really worried :(

Emma241179

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

After a chemical pregnancy last month I got a BFP last week and was delighted.. However, I am so paranoid about the possibility of it happening again- My BFP lines were pretty faint (I did a lot of tests but also one CB digital which spelt it out) and I've been experiencing AF type pains for the last few days (my AF pains are normally moderate-bad and I'd say these are the same). There are moments where I'm convinced I'm about to come on as this is exactly what happened last month. Are these pains/cramps normal?? Xxx

With my DD i thought my period was coming 100% because the cramping and feeling so the exact same, but I took a test just to be sure and was about 5 weeks at the time. With 2nd, it was so unexpected i didn't test right away but when looking back I remember feeling crampy and thinking AF was coming soon, then when it didn't, and before i started rigourous lifting program, I took a test and was about 4.5 wks.

Based on my experience it sounds normal, but I have never had a chemical pregnancy.

I'm hoping for a sticky bean for you!:hugs:

I had a chemical last month too and just found out last week I am pregnant again. I completely understand your nervousness. When did you know you had a chemical last cycle? I knew before my 5th week that it was coming and then the day it hit 5 weeks, the bleeding started. I thought it was unlikely to have a chemical in the 5th week but I could be wrong!

I have been having cramping off and on too but no spotting yet so I am trying to remain optimistic. I bet you are fine!

Oh wow we're in exactly the same boat.. last cycle I got a positive FRER followed by a negative the next day, this was on CD 29 and 30 (my cycles are typically around 31-33 days) and the bleeding started on day 36. I'm so sorry (but also a little relieved) that you're in the same boat.. please let me know how you get on? I'm praying these cramps are all normal but they feel exactly like AF/last month.. keeping everything crossed for you too lovely! xxx

It sounds like we started bleeding around the same time then. Cramping is normal but I completely understand why it would make you nervous because I get that way too when it happens to me. I will definitely keep you updated and you as well!!

What CD are you on this time?

You can expect AF type cramps throughout your first trimester, possibly throughout your entire pregnancy. It's just things stretching out down there. Try not to worry, it's totally normal.

Thank you, reading your replies is reassuring.. Emerson87- I think I'm about CD 36 again now, how about you? Still got pain on and off today but no bleeding.. early pregnancy is so worrying! Xxx

I had AF-like cramps for several weeks into my first tri. Eventually they faded and cramps got a lot more rare. I freaked out when I thought I smelled blood around 8-9 weeks. (when my second missed period was due, actually) But nothing, not even spotting.

I get cramps now occasionally but far less painful and definitely not af-like. More stretchy.

Thank you, reading your replies is reassuring.. Emerson87- I think I'm about CD 36 again now, how about you? Still got pain on and off today but no bleeding.. early pregnancy is so worrying! Xxx

I had AF type pains from 10 dpo to about 5-6 weeks. It felt exactly like my period was coming! Really freaked me out. At about 14 dpo, I had cramps so bad I was sure I would go to the bathroom and see blood, but I didn't. Took a preg test and got a beautiful bfp! The pains continued after for another week or so.

Well, I have started bleeding and am awaiting blood results 😢 Please keep everything crossed for me ladies, I don't want to go through this again xxx

Blood results indicate early miscarriage. Thanks for all your support and wishing you all love and luck on your journeys xxx

Thank you lovely wishing you lots of love and luck and a sticky bean xxxxx

So sorry for your loss. Try not to get discouraged, I had two early miscarriages before having my daughter. It's likely just bad luck.

Oh hun I'm so sorry!! I know There are no words that can comfort you in this time. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->