5 weeks pregnant with first baby! But I need some opinions..

Ms_Friendly

TTC #1
Reaction score
So this is a bit crazy, but I found out last night I am exactly 5 weeks along and due September 3rd. We couldn't be more ecstatic. It's just a little confusing and here's why..

I haven't had a period since October 26th. I'm usually 28-31 days and it's like clockwork. I'm thinking stress played a factor since I have been so stressed lately. Anyways, I got pregnant at the end of November (right after Thanksgiving) and found out the day before New Years Eve we were expecting. Next week I go to get another Ultrasound and to hear the heartbeat (hopefully) So I have a few questions..

My levels were 3,092 last night. Is that ok for 5 weeks?
If my last period was October 26th is it weird that I got pregnant in November? Should I be worried since I missed a period?

This still doesn't seem real and the only symptoms I have are fatigue on and off, headache on and off, sore nipples to the touch, and cramping on sides or twinges I should say like pulling and some period like cramps. Other than that, nothing too crazy. Also have a cyst on my right ovary (could that cause miscarriage?) Shouldn't I feel more by now?

Sorry for all the questions this is just nerve wracking and being a first time mom I have a lot to ask lol. Thanks in advance for the advice!

Is October 26th the first dsy of your last period, or the last day?

My level for 5 weeks exactly was 3136, so your level sounds fine to me. I didn't feel much more than what you are describing until I started feeling nauseous and more tired around 6 weeks.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know that you got pregnant in late November instead of sooner?

Are you sure you got pregnant around Thanksgiving? I could be wrong but from what I read in your post it sounds like you could be 6 to 8 weeks pregnant. However HCG levels in that range would suggest that you are 5 weeks pregnant. Is there a chance you could be wrong about when you actually conceived? Don't forget that medically they do count the two weeks before conception as part of pregnancy if you do fall pregnant.

October 26th was first day and I know I conceived then because I had an ultrasound last night and they confirmed when they measured it that I was exactly 5 weeks along.

is that possible? I'm thinking I missed a period, and ovulated to gear up for next period and then fell pregnant. Should I be worried?

Nope not at all Mama :). I was just trying to make sure I was understanding what I was reading.

Nope not at all Mama :). I was just trying to make sure I was understanding what I was reading.

Same here. Your measurements are consistent with the hormone levels, so I'm thinking you should be ok if the doctor who did your scan had no concerns. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

I'm just wondering about the dates as your EDD due date is one day after mine and I ovulated about December 10??

Either way, those levels sound just fine for 5 weeks :) There is such a huge range for levels, but it does sound good for 5 :)

Also, it's possible for having a period at the end of October. It's just delayed ovulation. Last cycle LMP was September 22 and didn't ovulate until October 29 - November 2 (temps were all over the place so it was more difficult to pinpoint), so between cycle day 38-42.

Stress can definitely delay ovulation which is likely what caused my irregular cycles and delayed ovulation. Otherwise what you're feeling is normal for 5 weeks. Many don't start getting symptoms until 6 weeks +. Some don't get many symptoms, if any! :)

Im 5 weeks tomorrow and edd is sept 5 i havent been to doc yet or anything so cant be much help with levels my last period was nov 29 and almost positive i i ovulated dec 16 which was cd 18 for me i got my positive hpt dec 27th i started a group for ladies due in sept feel free to join in

You could have ovulated late . Unless you were charting and know for sure that's another story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->