5 wks - spotting??

Reaction score
Hey ladies.
So I'm 5 weeks today and after a very upset tummy this morning (TMI) I had spotting on the toilet paper 3 times afterwords when I dabbed. It was dark red but not bright blood when wiping like AF if you know what I mean. Nothing since.
Called EPU who said can't check anything just now but to repeat test in7-10 days.
Have 2 DS and didn't experience this with them. Had a previous MC at 10 weeks so a bit worried!
Any hope for me?? I'm imagining my symptoms r all reducing too :-(
Xxxx

It can go either way.
I've bled loads and pregnancy progressed, got another scan tomorrow to see if still progressing.

Bowel movements can cause bleeding when cervix is sensitive with increased blood flow.
But it always needs monitoring so you will need an early scan or something :) good luck

If you're really worried, go to a&e - I don't mean it to sound really drastic and worrying me saying that, it's just that it's a good way to get EPU to take you seriously. I've been to a&e loads of times in early pregnancy in all my pregnancies and it's got me reassurance scans. Although I do understand if they're saying 5 weeks is too early, I think my earliest was 5+4. Otherwise just keep an eye - hopefully it's cervical irritation caused by the upset tummy. I've read a lot of women on here have the same thing.
But 7-10 days is a long time for you to wait, you might want to try a&e in 4-5 days instead. You might have to tell a porky and say you only just had the bleeding.

Thanks for your replies ladies. I've had absolutely no spotting since then and feeling super nauseous all today. No cramps or pain. Have my pre-booking appointment with midwife tomorrow so wil speak with her and see what she says. Please cross everything!!! Hopefully this might just be a bit of a different pregnancy for me. I did have an implantation bleed which I never had previously either.
Hugs to you all.
X

I had a bit of spotting with DD2 and freaked out, but all was fine! Didn't have any with DD1 and none so far with this one, so think all pregnancies are different. I'm sure all will be fine :)

Thanks! It's strange how things can be so different. My periods were so different after DS2 also and I always spotted for a whole week before hand which was totally different for me. Maybe things are just different. Hope you have a healthy time too! X

I'm glad it's stopped now. I spotted a few times during my second pregnancy but everything was OK :thumbup:

So midwife appointment went ok and she didn't seem overly concerned. She agreed with advice to repeat test and take it from there. If there was a problem she reckoned the test would be negative by then. I've had zero spotting since and a ramp up in symptoms. Major nausea since Sunday so hoping that's a good sign. She seemed to think so but did say hormones can still be around for a while. I'm hoping that because symptoms are stronger then that might be a good thing!

Will retest Monday and call EPU who will hopefully get me in for early scan.

Please cross everything ladies!

I think the spotting was most likely down to you having a dicky belly. Xx

I'm glad that the spotting has stopped now and hopefully it stays away :)

Happy to hear the spotting stopped, and the midwife wasn't concerned. Hope all stays well.

Hey ladies. Just thought I would update as always leaves me curious when there is no closure on a post! So I did my pg test 10 days later (no idea how I held out!) then a week later got an early scan and a beautiful little bundle with a strong heart beat was there straight away! So glad not to need an internal scan this time. They dated me 8wks 1 day but that's more than I had as sure of dates but all good! Saw a very small clot/bleed to the side so she's warned me that might pass so need to remember not to panic if it does!! Just looking forward to enjoying this pregnancy once this horrendous nausea passes!!! Never has it this bad with 2 DS!!

Thanks for all your well wishes! Hugs to all. Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->