That is difficult....
Marie would go nice with any of the names you have picked.
What was your Nans maiden name - would it suit as a middle name?

That is difficult....
Marie would go nice with any of the names you have picked.
What was your Nans maiden name - would it suit as a middle name?

Its quite tricky huh? :winkwink:
To be honest, i'm not actually too keen on 'Heidi Marie' etc, i think its a little too girly for my liking.

My Nans maiden name was Rhodes :shrug:

Edit: Forget her married name, haha, it sounds horrific with our surname!

I've always planned on giving my first boy my grandads name as a second name. Our relationship was vrey much like how you described yours wit your nan. I want to honour gramps but also I want to pick my baby's name, so that why I am going with second name rather than first. You could always do this to avoid the Maria problem x

Zoe Rhodes?:flower:

Its funny actually, the more i say both Zoe & Heidi Rhodes, the more they grow on me! My husband likes Heidi Rhodes, and i like the fact it kind of takes away the girliness of 'Heidi' :thumbup:Heh, i actually really like it!

I bet you i'll think about this over and over & end up finding out that babe is a little boy at my next scan :rofl:

Thank you Cedarwood :cloud9:

Hmmm its is a dilemma...
How about changing the spelling and pronouciation slightly, I think someone mentioned 'Mari' the other day which could also be spelt 'Maree' etc

I dont think Gertrude would be a great name! Esp if your nan didnt like it!

My nan was called Joyce but never used it, she was always called Judy, not sure if her middle name was Judith. We dont much care for Judith and dont fancy Judy, esp if baby is a boy so I think we will use Jude as a middle name as it can be unisex.

Even if you do want Marie with no changes, as a middle name it will still have so much meaning. You dont need to tell it to anyone - incase your mum hijacks it - and not many people ask in my experience. But it will still be something special to share with your daughter once she is old enough to understand xx

Tut - just re-read! I still think you could change it slightly, but understand the concerns re your mum. I also think the suggestion of Rhodes is great - and unisex if needed!

I bet you i'll think about this over and over & end up finding out that babe is a little boy at my next scan :rofl:

Thank you Cedarwood :cloud9:

Rhodes would still work for a boy too so it's a really good choice :)

Hmmm its is a dilemma...
How about changing the spelling and pronouciation slightly, I think someone mentioned 'Mari' the other day which could also be spelt 'Maree' etc

I dont think Gertrude would be a great name! Esp if your nan didnt like it!

My nan was called Joyce but never used it, she was always called Judy, not sure if her middle name was Judith. We dont much care for Judith and dont fancy Judy, esp if baby is a boy so I think we will use Jude as a middle name as it can be unisex.

Even if you do want Marie with no changes, as a middle name it will still have so much meaning. You dont need to tell it to anyone - incase your mum hijacks it - and not many people ask in my experience. But it will still be something special to share with your daughter once she is old enough to understand xx

Tut - just re-read! I still think you could change it slightly, but understand the concerns re your mum. I also think the suggestion of Rhodes is great - and unisex if needed!

Haha, its funny you say that actually, my mom sometimes gos all 'unique' on us and writes her name down as 'Maree' :haha:

I'm quite surprised at how much my husband like 'Rhodes' as a middle name. My favourite name (and the name i think we'll go with) is Heidi, and he seems to like Heidi Rhodes the best. I said the only thing i'd be worried about is to say 'Heidi Rhodes' - it already sounds like a complete name (Rhodes as a surname), but my husband said no one really ever says their first & second name out loud like that! I also thought that said wholey, with our actual surname, it sounds like a double barrled name! But he doesn't seem to think so, which is good :happydance:I actually like Rhodes, because in itself it doesnt sound too unusual. Its not hard to pronounce, and its not tricky to spell. It kind of sounds like Rose.

I wish i could just call baby 'Heidi Nan' hahaha, as thats how i knew my nan - 'Nan'!! :haha:

Thank you Bexy!! x

Hey sweet,

This is a difficult one.

Just a suggestion for a girl, but the meaning of Nan is grace. It's of hebrew origin.

Would you consider Grace?, Heidi Grace sounds cute.

x

Heidi Nanette?
Heidi Rhoda
Heidi Trudy (part of Gertrude)
Heidi True (" " Gertrude)
Heidi Rudy (" " Gertrude)

But certainly if you & OH both like Heidi Rhodes -- then that works out perfectly!

Heidi Grace is also a great suggestion -- since Nan means "Grace" plus starts with "GR" just like Gertrude Rhodes!

Was there a song she used to sing, or story she used to read you, or anything else special maybe you can twist into a great symbolic name?

Just a thought, but was there a flower, gemstone, or something of that sort that your nan was particularly fond of? Those could be options as middle names that would still honor your nan.

Or, there's always NANette or NANcie.... :haha:

I was going to suggest Trudie, what about Trudie Rhodes or Trudie Grace? or if you want to avoid Gertrude / Trudie altogether, what about Gracie Rhodes?

I think Trudie sounds really cute for a little girl...

Hey sweet,

This is a difficult one.

Just a suggestion for a girl, but the meaning of Nan is grace. It's of hebrew origin.

Would you consider Grace?, Heidi Grace sounds cute.

x

I actually adore the name grace, had no idea that it was meaning of Nan :haha:!! Its actually one of my favourite names, so that really is fantastic, i really love it! *runs off to suggest to Joe*!! :happydance::hugs:

Was there a song she used to sing, or story she used to read you, or anything else special maybe you can twist into a great symbolic name?

Just a thought, but was there a flower, gemstone, or something of that sort that your nan was particularly fond of? Those could be options as middle names that would still honor your nan.

Or, there's always NANette or NANcie.... :haha:

Hii, and thanks so much for your suggestions too! We came across 'Rhoda' the other day & we both quite liked it, just werent too sure how well it suited Heidi. I actually spent a while the other day thinking of significant things to do with my nan that could be considered turning into a name, but i honestly couldn't bring anything to mind :haha::dohh:

Was also going to suggest the Maiden name, I think Rhodes is a lovely name, different too. I like Gertrude aswell. Maybe you could even combine 2 of the 3 names, as a middle name - if that makes sense. Good Luck, think its a lovely idea xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->