i hated using them too its just such a pain putting them on and then keeping them on i started by taking off the shield half way through the feed and would pinch up enough boob for my lo to latch onto then about a week later he just tried to latch on through my top he latched on straight away
good luck :)

I used them for about 6 weeks as iv got lazy nipples, one day she just got it and havent used them since. One thing i noticed was once she was directly on the boob they have learnt what to do and 9/10 times my nippled stand to attention when im about to feed.

you aparently take them off mid feed and reattach LO before they fully realise what you have done.

i went cold turkey - my nips kinda sound like yours, very round and not v prominent!
now they are prominent, and im sorry i cant remember when that happened...
but before it did she would sorta slip all over my nipple, looking for the bit that had milk coming out of it lol!
im not much help, except to say good luck, and that mine changed so hopefully yours will too!
good luck x

I cant stand using the nipple shield either... ugh! Its too much 'extra' that shouldn't be there :( We're 4 weeks along and i'm SO thankful for the shield because its allowed us to breastfeed... without it we'd be on formula.. so for that, thank you nipple shield.. Now please go away. lol! I keep hearing that many babies will start doing better without starting at a month old.... I'm just going to keep trying by sneaking it off in the middle of a feeding and hope for the best

Hun your story sounds like mine...are you making enough milk now? I have twins and had the same issues as you. Finally at 10 weeks I started exclusively Bf without shields and my life became easier! I put them on the breast first with the shield, then would take it off. Experiment though..maybe try to latch him first without, then add it on later when he gets tired, just try without for a period of time at EVERY feed. My one son was lazy and just wanted to use the shield, the other one eventually hated the shield and would knock it off and latch on!!! I remember the glorious day, LOL! Don't be surprised if you "regress"...my lazy son would latch without the sheild, then all of the sudden couldn't latch without it!!! It was disappointing, but with work you can do it.

I also had to top up my twins with ebm or formula....I pumped after every single feed, even in the night! At first I couldn't keep up with the demand, but eventually we weren't feeding any formula at all. Once I was reassured that I made enough, we went on to EBF. I'm not saying this is for everyone, but I was very determined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->