5days late -Pregnant or Thyroid problem? Please help!

Mommy96

Reaction score
I'm 19yrs old, I use to take birth control in December, '14 and before that, but ever since then, my period has always been 33days apart. I had to go to the dr recently because I felt sick, then they said my thyroid hormone levels were low, but my heart rate was at 140 and wouldnt come down, so I needed to do more testing, I don't have insurance to do it (it would cost over 1000$) so I don't know whats going on, but my dr acted like it would be very mild if there was a problem, but still serious. while on BC my periods were always 28days apart and about 3days, as of late they have been 33days apart and last 2days. I had my period the 4th, April, but not at all in May so far, I'm 5 days late now and have mild period-like cramps, with constipation, tiredness, a constant thirst, and my breasts have been getting bigger and sensitive. My bf and I have been using the pullout method and have sex pretty regularly. I took a test at 3days late, and it was negative, please help? I've never been late before.

I'm new here, but I put in in 'not trying, not preventing' because the pullout method isn't very trusting. also, good morning everyone! :coffee: :hug:

Hi Mommy 96,

I'm 23 years old, not really trying or preventing but my boyfriend and I just use the pullout method as well. I'm currently 5 days late on a normal 28-29 day average cycle. I took a test yesterday at 4 days late and it was negative. I haven't had any PMS symptoms at all which is strange as I haven't had any extreme stress that would delay my period. The only thing I noticed is that I get slight cramps every once in a while and my boobs seem bigger. I wish we could figure out what was going on!

Let me know how things go and if you end up getting your period since we're almost the same with being late!

Xo

It may be the effects of the withdraw of the BC. I have heard that it can mess with your cycles for six months up to a year after taking it for a while. You are coming close to the 6 month mark so if you aren't pregnant, your periods should hopefully start getting regular again soon. It is also possible that if you are pregnant, you may have ovulated late in your cycle and that can make you get a positive result later. BC can also mess up ovulation and the pull out method isn't 100%. I became pregnant when I was only 20 years old with my first so don't stress out too much. I was very scared too not knowing what was going to happen but now I couldn't imagine my life without my beautiful daughter! If it is meant to be, it will be. I wish you the best of luck!

hey everyone! :) thank you for the replies! i had what i think was my period on the 13th, it may have just been late from stress, my bf's mom wants me to take another test. idk. the 13th was a court date, my bf and i had to go to for custody of his biological child. he and the "mother" split up when she got pregnant, but she told him she wasn't and didn't get a dna test, and then the little boy was taken from her by dhs, (in foster care for over 3 months) so we went through all of the proper series of events and we have a lovely 7 month old boy now. The mom can't try for custody for several reasons, shes unfit.. next we go for full custody. :) any how, i think it was just stress sadly, i would have loved another little one, this one is a lot to handle already though, so i guess its good, its just sad too. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->