5mm gestational sac

cathgibbs

TTC#1 after 5 losses
Reaction score
Hi all.

Lmp was 10th may. Had positive opks 24th and 26th may. Had really bad shooting pains followed by brown spotting then light pink spotting made worse by clexane on June 3rd-6th had bfp June 5th. Went for a scan today at what I think I am as 6w3d but all the sonographer could see was a 5mm gestational sac. I have a tilted uterus so she found it hard to measure etc. She said that the sac is quite small so come back in a week.

Is there anyway I could be earlier than 6w3d and does anyone have any success stories? Still got lots of symptoms and I've attached today's test xxx

Attachments

• PicsArt_06-24-10.09.13.jpg
    PicsArt_06-24-10.09.13.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 20
I'm sorry I can't give any advise. Hopefully you will see a lot more in a week when you have another scan xx

Tilted uterus does make things a little more difficult to see so could be that. I have no idea how big the sac should be at your gestation so I'm no help really, just sending hugs :hugs:

Thank you both for your kind comments. Had a bit of bit of spotting this morning but think it may be due to the internal scan xxx

Hugs for the spotting :hugs: yes I would imagine it is the internal scan that has done it! Xx

In a similar situation - should be 6w but measured 5w3d with no heartbeat. I'm sure about ov date. I was sent away and told to come back in 'a week or so' (this feels like an eternity). My obstetrician isn't too concerned - but i desperately hope it's ok for both of us.

I just want to tell you my story because hopefully you have the same results as me.
I was in a similar boat. My cycle is like clockwork and I went for a scan and should have been 6+2 but the tec could only see a gestational sac and yolk sac measuring 5+2, no feta pole or anything. I basically convinced myself I had a blighted ovum, to the point that my symptoms disappeared. I had a repeat scan two weeks later and saw my little bean measuring 7 weeks with a heartbeat. Her dates were identical so I clearly ovulated late or something or conception happened a few days later.

The wait is the hardest. Try to stay positive and stay as far away from Dr Google. At early gestations it's the matter of a few millimeters that determines what you can/can't see and having a tilted uterus would make that even harder. Good luck and keep us updated xx

Thanks both. Very reassuring thank you! Yeah the sonographer didn't seem too concerned just Said 'you are measuring a little bit small so come back in a week.' Tormenting myself now but have read that a tilted uterus can put you back roughly 2 weeks as they can't get the exact measurements etc. My digi moved up to 3+ last few days and still having all the symptoms so here's hoping! Xxx

I'm sure everything will be ok, at that stage everything is so tiny.

My sac size when I miscarried at 7+3 (when babies stopped growing) was a massive 55mm. But it was twins.

Iv just looked online, a pregnancy at 5 weeks would be 6mm and a pregnancy at 6 weeks would look like 14mm, so sounds like you are just a week or so behind, very possible at this stage

With any luck dates are just wrong and in two weeks everything will have straightened itself out. Iv seen a lot of stories like that on baby and bump in the last few weeks so I know it does happen :)

Thanks hun. So scared. Still got lots of symptoms xxx

Good luck Hun ❤️ I'm sure all will be fine don't know if you remember me we spoke back in 2013 I thought I recognised your name so checked my inbox and there u were lol. Hope this is your time Hun x

Hi Donna! Of course I remember you! I hope your well?? Just came from the scan. Sac had grown to 7mm but it's now got the double ring which they said is a good sign.... plus they can see the beginning of the yolk! X

Hi cathgibbs. Congratulations on the positive scan result. Had a look at your thread as I am at a similar point to you. My LMP was 9 May. I had a scan on Mon (7weeks) and saw baby but measuring a week behind. Praying hard for a happy and healthy baby. What gestational age did your doctor make your baby?

Even if you know for certain when you ovulated, women often do not realize that occasionally implantation can take as long as up to 12 days and while not typical up to 10 days is actually listed as normal.

If you take into consideration a late implantation so we will say 10 days vs. 5 days that would put you almost a week behind what you think you are.

I wouldn't stress too much as you will see countless women getting this IMO pointless early ultrasounds not seeing anything and stressing only to have healthy babies.

Frankly, at 5-6 weeks it's more common to see women NOT seeing much than seeing a heartbeat and it just stresses them out. I wouldn't worry!!!!

Hi Mk8. They haven't as of yet as they haven't seen the fetal pole.

I have to have early scans due to recurrent miscarriages and ectopic pregnancy plus on several medications and injections I'm like a walking medicine cabinet Haha.

Thanks hun..... still a bit scared as (from lmp) I'm 7w3d but sonographer didn't seem concerned or the nurses i think they were more pleased with growth.... just hope to see the embryo on my next scan! Xxx

Good luck cathgibbs! Stay positive.

I'm great thanks Hun I had another baby since my last one lol I have three boys ! I will keep checking back to see how your doing Hun great news the sack grew X

Thanks girls. My consultant did an US Wednesday he could finally see the sac through a pelvic US and done an internal... Couldn't find the sac for ages as he didn't know about my tilted uterus. Sac Has grown to 10mm and he could see the yolk so he said it's good it's progressing.... the fact it's measuring 2 weeks behind isn't not good so I'm more or less certain it's over.... got my next us Monday... an hour after my nan's funeral :( but I'm prepared for a missed mc. I'm obviously devastated but used to the upset now. The only positive is a missed mc is different from my other mc where I would start bleeding at 6 weeks. This is the furthest I've gone and the sac is still growing which gives me hope that my clexane injections are working and it's just really sad I've been very unlucky! Beat the odds to get 3 mcs in a row... then beat odds for an ectopic and apparently a missed mc is also uncommon... it's just more common to us as we are on these boards xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->