5th baby

motherofboys

Reaction score
Hi all, I've managed to stay out of here so far this pregnancy but I've posted my scan photo in a few places and had really mixed opinions. I'm now really worried this might actually be my 5th boy. It's my last shot too. I don't find out until December. I looked in to an early gender scan but they are fully booked for weeks so seems a bit pointless when it'll be so close to my actual scan.
I've gone between hopeful and not that bothered either way so far, but today I just got desperate and could cry at the boy guesses.

This is honestly my fear of trying for one more. I have 2 little boys but I want that mommy/daughter bond. DH doesn't really understand it and its so hard to explain it to him. I know that I would love another little boy but I would also be heartbroken if I dont have a daughter. :hugs:

It's hard to make them understand. I tried explaining it by taking the "boy" activities he does with the boys and imagine he desperately wanted to do those things like watching match of the day, but he couldn't and he just had to watch me do things with girls. I still don't think he completely got it, because how can you if you've never wanted a certain gender? But I think it went some way to helping him see.

I really hope you get your little girl! :hugs: I hope I can convince DH to try for one more. He is pretty adamant he is done at 2 though.

Thank you. I think it's unlikely after so many boy guesses (probably about 90% now) but most of the time I'm ok about it now unless I dwell. Those first 2 days were heart breaking though.
I hope you can convince him. I honestly have moments where I want to ignore the issue of space, and money, and how rubbish I've felt this pregnancy, and the fact we only have room for 5 kids in the car, and want to try again but then if I have another boy I know I'll just feel the same again and you have to draw the line somewhere. I've resigned myself to the fact that this is it for me, it's a boy, and that it.

Fingers crossed for you. I hope you get your little girl <3

Thanks. I honestly wish I had never asked about nub as I was absolutely fine going along assuming it was boy. Then I got a bunch of girl guesses and I suppose I got my hopes up. It wasn't until I got so many boy ones that I felt bad. I think I'm doing ok again now for the most part.

following...

Motherofboys, I am in a similar situation.. I have a thread called "trying for a girl" in this group....
I already have 2 boys and I thought i only wanted to kids and we thought we were done... but I've always wanted a daughter.. every pregnancies before, I was wishing it be a girl... ofcourse I wouldn't trade my boys for anything but I felt that I was robbed of that feeling... so we decided to go for one more and am now pregnant 4 weeks... I have a longer way to go to find out.. but fingers crossed for you...

Hope we get our girls!!!! :twingirls:

Congratulations. Good luck, I hope we both hear pink. BUT I went shopping with my niece today. She has a one year old son and we were Christmas shopping so we went in all the baby boys toys and clothes sections (my youngest is 6 so it's been a while since I've been in baby aisles) and I have to say that it got me quite excited. I only saw a flash of pink when looking for something neutral for my baby and the blue met the pink with only a row of white vests in between. But there were some bits that I would have definitely bought had I had it confirmed that this one's a boy. I was quite tempted to get them anyway, so it's definitely helped.

Don’t worry too much over the nub guesses , I posted my scan pic on a site and most people said girl and I have a now 4 1/2 month old boy .

Looking back at my scan pictures of DDs and DS the only things I noticed is the girls had much rounder forheads and DS’s was pretty flat , also his “nub” was pointing right up! These are all just theories and can be way off ! Some people don’t understand the nub theory and just guess at the sex of a baby, others think they can see things .

My mum was convienced baby was a girl at my 13 week scan as she could see the ovaries! Even went as far as circling them and sending me the picture back saying baby is a girl ) I was quite annoyed about this) god knows what she was looking at as he’s deffo a boy !

Good luck x

Hahaha I didn't think you could see anything like that in scans. I always think if you could then no one would be told the wrong gender because you'd check between the legs and in the belly.

Hi There, how are you doing?? Not long till your gender scan now... are you going to find out the gender? do you have a scan date yet??

Hey, my scan is 4th of December, I couldn't get a private one as when I wanted it a few weeks ago they were fully booked up until around now, so I decided it was silly for the sake of 2/3 weeks.
I'm good now, at least at the moment. Obviously I still hope deep down that it's a girl, but I've mostly accepted that it's a boy now. I refer to the baby as "he" and when I talk to him I say things like "little man", I've looked at either neutral or boys clothes I want to buy once it's confirmed, I'm excited to get the other boys baby clothes out and wash them for him, and am creating a short list of boys names I like ready to discuss with DH once they confirm it. I might still get sad when they actually do confirm it and the hope is officially gone, but I'm sure I can come out the other side again.

awww..It sounds like you are preparing yourself not to get disappointed which is totally normal..

I really hope you get a surprise and it's a girl!!

G'luck with the scan!

Well, I still have my fingers crossed for you but I am happy that your ok!

Thank you. I just want to know now. It feels like such a long time that we've been speculating.

So I know of 3 mum's at school who were all expecting, 2 of them have given birth. One to get 3rd daughter, and I felt fine about that, then one to get 1st girl after 2 boys and I felt a pang of jealousy when I found out. The 3rd one is expecting her 4th baby and has 3 boys so I'm expecting it to be a girl.
2 of my close friends have had girls this year. My next door neighbour had a boy, and the neighbour the other side is pregnant but I don't know the gender. With so many girls around someone has to have a boy to balance it out. That someone is usually me.
I accept this baby is a boy, and I do still feel happy about it, but I'm just having a moment of "oh wow, it's really not going to be a girl" and that's ok because I can let myself feel that and then pick myself back up.
I dreamed the baby was a boy last night and the majority of people in my due in group on here are having boys so it just seems inevitable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->