5th c-section went well =)

SuperKat

New baby on the way!
Reaction score
:flower:Hi ladies,

I remember browsing around in here when I first found out I was pregnant this last time- I was a bit freaked out since it was going to be my 5th c-section...I was worried about complications...anyway, I had my 5th c-section just under 3 weeks ago and there were absolutely no complications. I went into labor on my own at exactly 38 weeks (according to them I was 36w6d...but I knew for a fact that they had my due date wrong...). Anyway, they delivered my son with no problems..he was born super healthy at 8lbs10oz, 21 3/4".

My recovery is going well so far. The constant pain eased up by about day 3-4, and then I was just sore doing certain things for about a week. Now, it feels like your muscles feel after an intense workout (that burning feeling that tells you that you did good on your workout, haha)...but it isn't a constant, that is the feeling I get when sitting up, etc. The only pain I am really having now is a random stabbing pain that comes and goes (not sure what it is, or why I am having it, it is down and to the right side of my belly button- more annoying than anything, and my back hurts. Other than that- I am doing well!
(I should mention that I have not been following the after care completely, I had sex a few days ago, have taken a bath, have been lifting my almost 2 year old since I was in the hospital, etc...so, it is possible I would be feeling even better than I do if I had followed the instructions more closely)

Best of luck to you all!! :flower:

Congratulations on your LO and wow, 5th section!! Your recovery sounds really good, I had mine three weeks ago and was in loads of pain for the first week, it slowly got better and now I can pretty much do everything normal again but it is still occasionally sore. My lower belly really hurts though, the whole stretch below my belly button. I assume it's bruising as it only hurts to touch. Moving around doesn't hurt.

Congratulations! I am having my 5th section in about 3 weeks so it's good to hear this!
My last 4 have all been pre-term emergencies so fingers crossed i get a 37 week planned one this time!!

Congratulations! What great news! Did they say anything to you about having anymore sections or anything? I really want to have baby number 5 but still bit worried with all the sections and also think if I have a fifth baby I will want a sixth!!
Did you find it easy to get pregnant with number 5 as I have this fear it will take me along time to fall pregnant this time because of having all the sections.

Thank you ladies!

Best of luck Nicola! I hope you make the scheduled date!!!

Gem- they didn't say anything about having more, but also knew I was having a tubal. I was told after my 3rd c section to stop, was told nothing after #4 though, and after this one it wasn't an issue. The only thing the doctor said was that it becomes riskier and riskier every time. My first appt with this last pregnancy the doctor talked about the chance of needing an hysterectomy after the section. There were no complications though.

I wondered if all of the c sections could cause fertility issues, but it didn't with me. I read something about scar tissue being a potential cause of miscarriages, but I was looking for that- I had a mmc at 13 weeks preggo with my 4th pregnancy and was wondering if that was the cause and found info to suggest that it could have been the cause (the reality is I will never know why it happened). Needless to say, I went on to have 2 more babies. Best of luck to you!!

omg SuperKat, i havnt been on here for months.i sent you a private msg earlier, then i found this thread! a huge congratulations..tell me more? you said you went into labour, bet that was scary!! how long did your 5th section take? scar tissue n all that...well done you.hope to hear from you soon.

Well, i didn't make my scheduled section! Primrose arrived early at 34 +4 after complete uterine rupture. Yep, worst case scenario. Started with the most excruciating ripping pain ever, got ambulance to hospital and had code red crash section 16 minutes later! Baby took 4minutes to breath by herself, i lost 4 litres of blood (total body volume) and 3 litres of that were already in my abdomen by the time they opened me up. My horizontal scar was rupturing as they cut me and the top of my classical scar had a 4cm hole and was "pouring out like a hosepipe" in the drs words. She had to plug the hole with her fingers while they got out baby who was thankfully still in her sac so had not breathed in any blood, just in real distress.
C-section took 5 hours - they repaired the uterus but have bren told absolutely under no circumstance to get pregnant again as one or both of us would not survive. I was very lucky this time - luckily my own consultant was there so did not have to go through notes and did a doppler -couldnt find hb so scanned, babys hb was 72 and dropping so she got us straight in theatre. She said at one point she didnt think i'd make it out of theatre i was haemmoraging so badly my organs were shutting down. 5minutes longer and we may not have made it. I was in hospital 9 days and baby was in nicu 15days. Both home now and doing well!
Good luck to all you ladies doing it again!! I hope and pray none of you go through that!! Even in a high risk pregnancy like mine, rupture is still rare but thought i'd share my story because it does happen! Hope i havent scared anyone. :hugs:

congrats on your 5th section if i dont labour by 39 weeks il be having number 4 section (my partners first baby) im wanting to try for a girl a few years from now but keep getting banged on about the risks of placenta growing into the scar :shrug:

Hi ladies lovely to hear your birth stories just found out im pregnant again and will be 5th c section so worried n have a panic disorder could anyone pkz offer any advice thankyou x

Hi there, it's so great to see that there are other Mums in the world who are going through or been through their 5th C-section, I just thought I would look it up out of curiosity so I am happily relieved to see there are other women who love having babies as much as me. When I had baby number 4 I asked the surgeon to check my scarring and to make a recommendation about having a 5th caesarean, after the operation he said that I was good to go so I am feeling a bit better that I did that. However, during my last operation my anaesthetic started to wear off as they were stitching me up - worst nightmare stuff but obviously I got over it. Our number 4 is 18 months now so I am feeling ok about the gap and on top of that I have a really supportive midwife and I heal really quickly after my operations. The only other thing we are worried about though is telling people that we are pregnant as most people think that 4 is enough. For all of the other babies we told our families as soon as we found out, this one we are keeping quiet as long as we can. It's crazy how people can't just keep their negative opinions to themselves. Anyway, I love having babies and would probably try for a 6th if my hubby was keen, I am secretly hoping for twins so I can get them all sorted lol! Have any of you had experience with getting tubes tied after caesarean, does it feel odd? I don't think I will get mine tied cos it's so final but I am keen to hear any thoughts. Thanks again, that has got so much off my chest.

I had section #4 3wks ago. After my 3rd I had my tubes tied but got it reversed in an open procedure where I was cut again. Not the same as having a baby but almost like I just had my 5th section. The Drs harassed me the whole pregnancy about birth control and telling me how I shouldn't get pregnant again. To the point I just got the pill so they would leave me alone about it.

I never had an issue with my surgeries and never worried about it but with these drs that's all they kept bringing up and when I had this baby they were in there a long time because of scar tissue. Apparently my bladder was stuck to my uterus and they had to cut them apart then fill my bladder up to make sure there was no leakage. Ds was born at 12:23 am after struggling to get him out and I was not wheeled out of the OR till after 2.

I was open to maybe having another baby but now not quite sure. Recovery was easy but they was still a scary situation. I think if I ever got pregnant again I would definitely find a practice that supports multiple cesareans and not so negative.

i had one emergency c section in 2001 then planned at 38 weeks in 2007 had 2 full term babies in 2013 by c section (one in january then december) the december baby wasnt planned got pregnant 2.5 months after having januarys now im pregnant so this will be my 5th c section and not once has any dr told me i could have more even when i got pregnant 2 times in the same year the didnt say anyting about any extra risks

hope this helps anyone :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->