5w2d ultrasound - no sac

Savasanna

Reaction score
So, my RE had me come in for an ultrasound at 5w2d and there wasn't anything there. But.. isn't that a little early? I'm also pretty sure I had a late implanter because I had a 6.9 beta at 13dpiui. (Betas have risen appropriately since then so I'm not too too worried about ectopic, although they keep throwing that word out there)

Anyway, I'm a little annoyed that my RE brought me in for a scan so early as now I'm obviously worried. They did a beta as well so I'm waiting on those results. If beta is good I imagine we'll have a repeat scan next week.

Anyone else see nothing in their first scan? Our journey as been so long.. I just want this to be it!

Hi :wave:, I've seen you around before.

I'm sorry you're going through this stress. I agree with you that it's pretty early to see anything then or worry if you don't see anything. My RE likes to do the scans around 6 weeks and I thought even that was early and tried to push it as close to 8 as possible by saying I can't make it. Even a day makes a huge difference st this point.

Hope your beta has gone up and a repeat sono will show you that all is well.

Hi confuzion! I've definitely seen you around as well, thanks for answering! My beta came back at 2836 so I'm feeling better about the state of the ultrasound. I think they're going to have me repeat next week. Whew!

Check out my recent threads re not seeing enough on early ultrasounds... They are a blessing and a curse!
That sounds okay and the sonographer specifically said to me, which I later confirmed through extensive research, the yolk sac appears at 5.5 weeks x

I was told during my first pregnancy by a+e that nothing shows on the scan until you have about a hcg of 5000 and above so they did a blood test to check I was higher than that before scanning. Sounds like you were too early :) when are they going to scan again?

I was also given a blood test before my first scan this pregnancy to make sure it was "worth" doing the scan. I wouldn't worry just yet, sometimes just a day could make a difference to what can be seen.

Me!

This is an IVF pregnancy, so we obviously know the exact moment of conception.

My betas started to do some funky things in week 4 (which was assumed to be a vanishing twin). But they were quite worried it was ectopic, so I went in for a scan at 5w exactly. Nothing was found. Not even a sac. At 5w2d they found the gestational sac and yolk sac. And at 5w6d they saw a heartbeat.

So yes, it's probably totally fine and nothing to worry about. Your beta levels are rising great, so I'm guessing you'll see more at your next scan. :thumbup:

Oy - thank you all SO much for your responses! I believe I had a late implanter because my OTD was 13dpiui (which, they said is a day earlier than they usually do because 14dpiui was both a Saturday and Christmas Eve) and that came back at just 6.9. So I think the early ultrasound + late implanter = an "empty" 5w2d scan. Although I know this logically, it ALWAYS helps to hear reassurance from other ladies.

I go in for another beta on Friday and then they're going to base when my next ultrasound should be off that. Personally, I'd like to have it be sometime during the week of the 19th, but I have a feeling they're going to bring me in next Wednesday/Thursday. I'd LOVE it if we could see a heartbeat at the next scan though (hence why I'd like to wait a little)

Yay glad to hear your beta went well! Please keep us updated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->