5weeks pregnant & have to travel long haul for work on Sunday, any advice?

sharmon

Reaction score
Hi,
Just discovered I'm 5 weeks pregnant, slight surprise it happened so quickly. Absolutely delighted, but I have to travel from UK to Banff in Canada on Sunday for week. Any advice would be appreciated. This is 2nd time something like this has happened, first time I was pregnant I had to travel to Chicago for work. But Banff seems so much further away & Im staying at national park so I think elevation is v high! Also bit worried bout how cold it's likely to be. I'm also travelling alone. Has anyone else travelled alone early in pregnancy, any tips are appreciated. :shrug:

I travelled long haul at 4w and 6w on a 9 hour flight from Ireland to Vancouver.Just make sure to walk around and stretch on the plane as much as you can and drink lots of water. There was bad turbulence on my flight so I was pretty sick and couldn't eat anything so that was the worst part for me. I don't think the cold will be an issue :)

Im travelling to NYC in a few weeks and im currently 4 weeks pregnant- i am so nervous!

Thanks, for the advice, after some googling think I will invest in some flight socks too. Best of luck for your trip to NY. I'm hoping the morning sickness won't kick in properly till I'm home!

Just go for it and don't worry at all! Flying and the cold won't bother you or babe any more than staying home... and Banff is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Thanks, I have never actually been to Canada so am quite excited, I'm going for work, but think I will have some time to see some of the scenery, I have looked online & it looks very pretty!

Hi everyone,

I am 5 weeks tomorrow, found out a week ago that I am expecting! I am of course over the moon even if it was a bit of a surprise. We were NTNP and it just kind of happened. We are off to Vietnam next week though so I have been doing heaps of research on flying...as well as foods to avoid once there. Socks and re-hydration salts are on my list. Any other suggestions for what I should take with me? I am less worried about the flight than I am about contracting a stomach bug whilst out there. We are going to stick to restaurants, stay away from street food...and I will be eating plenty of fruit and drinking bottled water. Any other tips?

xx

Hi everyone,

I am 5 weeks tomorrow, found out a week ago that I am expecting! I am of course over the moon even if it was a bit of a surprise. We were NTNP and it just kind of happened. We are off to Vietnam next week though so I have been doing heaps of research on flying...as well as foods to avoid once there. Socks and re-hydration salts are on my list. Any other suggestions for what I should take with me? I am less worried about the flight than I am about contracting a stomach bug whilst out there. We are going to stick to restaurants, stay away from street food...and I will be eating plenty of fruit and drinking bottled water. Any other tips?

xx

Hi congratulations, I would suggest avoiding salads, as they are sometimes washed in tap water. I think if you stick to nice restaurants you should be pretty safe re-food. My friend travelled around Japan while she was pregnant, they went to off the beaten track areas & she was fine, though she did say that she could not stomach any fish (which she usually loves). I'm praying that I don't start getting any morning sickness until I get back, I'm also a little nervous as I'm on my own (I always worry something might happen!), but Im sure we will both be fine, we just need to relax & try to enjoy trips. Hope you have a lovely time x

Congratulations to you too Sharmon! We are at a very similiar stage :thumbup:

Thanks for the advice on the salads, that is a great tip and one I will be sure to follow. I am also not wanting to get myself too worked up and worried and risk not enjoying our honeymoon. I am going to make sure I have really good travel insurance so that if something had to happen I will be covered. Maybe something worth looking into to give you peace of mind as you are travelling on your own?

Good luck and hope you have the most lovely time in Canada x

You'll be fine. It's easy to fly this early in pregnancy. It's not even remotely uncomfortable until the middle of the second trimester.

Congratulations to you too Sharmon! We are at a very similiar stage :thumbup:

Thanks for the advice on the salads, that is a great tip and one I will be sure to follow. I am also not wanting to get myself too worked up and worried and risk not enjoying our honeymoon. I am going to make sure I have really good travel insurance so that if something had to happen I will be covered. Maybe something worth looking into to give you peace of mind as you are travelling on your own?

Good luck and hope you have the most lovely time in Canada x

We had a surprise pregnancy first time round, and I was about 10weeks while we were on HM, we did trip along west coast of USA, but when we were there they were having heat wave, was 47C when we landed. I just drank plenty of water & tried to relax. I still really enjoyed our HM, though I did find that doing too much & getting tired made the sickness worse! Have a fab time & try to relax & enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->