6+4 no heartbeat

laurac1988

Mummy to Eden
Reaction score
Hi all
I went for an emergency scan today due to spotting. I thought I was 7+4

They scanned me and it showed a sac and a yolk, but no heartbeat and no baby. US Tech said it could just be too early. I worked it out by ovulation and the earliest I could be was 6+4. Should I be worried?

The nurse seemed to think it could go either way. I have to be scanned again in two weeks

I wouldn't get too stressed out yet because there could be slow development.

I will be honest and tell you that when I had a 6 week scan they didn't see the heartbeat and it turned out to be a bad thing.

fx for you.

Was in a vaginal ultrasound? Everything is really tiny in there at the moment... I wouldn't worry unnecessarily at this point... Another week or two could make all the difference.

My first scan saw just a sac too, but now I'm 13 weeks! Hang in there!

How far along were you at the first scan?

And yeah it was a vaginal ultrasound

It can go either way.

Just because your dates say that, doesnt mean baby grows at that speed too if you can me.

Sometimes you dont see HB till into week 7 we are all different.

i went at 7+1 it showed 6+5 with HB but if i had went went 24hr could have not even seen HB.
All dates matched at 12w scan.

Best of luck x

A day can make so much difference in early pregnancy. Like pp said you might not get a heartbeat today and it's there the next day. I remember they kept measuring baby different each time I was scanned in first tri but it became more consistent around 12weeks.

Hope bean grows for you. Good luck.

Thankyou for all your help ladies. I will of course let you all know x

It really can go either way but this happened to me and I was sure on my dates with this pregnancy and was being scanned every two days because my previous had been an ectopic pregnancy and I was high risk. I remember being scanned at 6 weeks and feeling so down because they only saw a gestational sac and then 2 days later they saw everything including a heartbeat! I don't want to get you to excited because everyone's situation is different but hang in there and my fingers are crossed for you :hugs:

Awww , I have been in those shoes ..... At 5.5 wks all they saw was a sack and yolk but no baby.... Said most likely it's blighted ovum , my dr had me get blood done for 2 days and then another ultrasound , so just a few days after the empty sack we saw baby :) I hope this is the same outcome for you !!! Hang in there.... Maybe u can call your dr and explain the amou t of stress it is on you and request bloodwork in the meantime? That's redicilous to wait 2 weeks!!!!insanity

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->