6.5 month old wont eat from spoon - only wants finger foods..help?!

A43

Reaction score
Hi
Can anyone help please?
Started traditional weaning very very well from 4.5 months - now on stage 2 (textures) health advisor told me to encourage finger foods - which I have done and now my baby will only take finger foods.
Has this happened to anyone else??

She is teething although she doesnt appear to be in pain with it just the red cheeks..bless her.

thanks for your replies..:shrug:

this is exactly how my lo is!
She will eat a few mouthfuls off a spoon n thats it :( she use to be such a good eater!
Now the things she eats are finger food or for some reason she'll let me feed her chunks of food if i use my fingers :S
cant help though as im still confused by it all!!

if they want finger foods why not offer finger foods?

I do, its just the finger foods have taken over the main part of the feeding and this means I can't control or measure what she's eating. I am doing traditional weaning, have made up dinners in advance knowing she enjoys them and the finger foods I started to give her were side lines. I am not prepared at the moment for random foods... We dont all eat together at the moment because she can't stay awake in time for my husband to eat with us which is another reason why i batch cook for her.

this is exactly how my lo is!
She will eat a few mouthfuls off a spoon n thats it :( she use to be such a good eater!
Now the things she eats are finger food or for some reason she'll let me feed her chunks of food if i use my fingers :S
cant help though as im still confused by it all!!

Hi
I had replied but its dissappeared! Discovered tonight its teething..my LO has two bottom teeth and the top two are coming through v soon.
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->