6 days spotting

Pluto13

Reaction score
And feel like Im going out of my mind.

I called the EPU and midwife and they said there is nothing they can do, they wont scan me or offer me any support or reassurance.
Im frighterned to move or do anything, I havent been out of the house for 5 days :nope: Woke up in the middle of the night panicking that Im miscarrying.

Im petrified Im going to lose my bean, im fed up, anxious and feeling very alone.

why wont they scan u?? thats silly cos they usually give u an emergancy scan! thats ridiculous id get on the phone to them again until they offer u one!

Oh hun, i'm sorry the bleeding hasn't subsided. I'm also in the same situation, experiencing a huge bleed on Sunday and continued spotting. Has the EPU at least scheduled another appointment for you, say in a weeks time??? are you still without any pain? xxx

Im not in any pain. I can feel myself like im getting sensations down there but nothing I would call pain.

The emergency midwife said that a scan wont make any difference and it wont tell them anything. To be honest I get the impression that they dont give a jot they havent even offered an alternative reason for the spotting other than saying...if you start bleeding heavily then come to the hospital.

The EPU said they dont have any appointments free, Im half tempted to go to the emergency room but they have left me feeling as though I am totally wasting their time.

I think next week I might book in and go for a private scan. Im 9 weeks at the moment.

Thanks for your replies.

Oh hun, i'm sorry the bleeding hasn't subsided. I'm also in the same situation, experiencing a huge bleed on Sunday and continued spotting. Has the EPU at least scheduled another appointment for you, say in a weeks time??? are you still without any pain? xxx

HOw are you after your bleed? Have you had another scan?

HOw are you after your bleed? Have you had another scan?

I'm getting there. My OH and I turned up at the EPU centre first thing on Monday morning, the receptionist tried to give me speal that they're too busy etc, however we weren't going to be turned away. Turns out that i have bleeding around the gest sac, which is also the cause of my previous bleeds. It will either drip away (this previously took 2.5 weeks) or will clot and absorb. Apparently its related to excessive hormones. How and why, i don't know.

I then had my official 12 week scan on Tuesday, the bloody area was still 5cm but babes is fine. Kicking, squirming and growing perfectly.

I've never experienced any pain with any of my bleeds, although had funny sensations as it were. Maybe you're experiencing something similar. It's unfair to be left as you are, I would be inclined to go to A&E or visit the EPU directly.

Glad your little bean is in good form. Must be a weight off your shoulders to know that all is ok. :)

I think once Christmas is over Im going to go and camp at the hospital and wont move until they do something, I dont see why I should have to pay €145 for a scan when they should give me an emergency scan for free. You pay enough here for medical treatment, its €1200 to have a baby!

Glad your little bean is in good form. Must be a weight off your shoulders to know that all is ok. :)

I think once Christmas is over Im going to go and camp at the hospital and wont move until they do something, I dont see why I should have to pay €145 for a scan when they should give me an emergency scan for free. You pay enough here for medical treatment, its €1200 to have a baby!

Where abouts are you?? I really feel for you. There's no way you should be paying that sort of money when you're entitled to an emergency scan. Camping could be a good move!

I have the same as maisemoo...I have continued to spot, bleed a bit and streak red blood, pink blood, and orange CM since 6wks. Due to a bleed under my babies. I think that since they are moving a lot more now, they are sort of squeezing it out of me...especially as they get bigger (since it used to only come on about once a week, but now is almost daily spotting). It comes and goes throughout the day. Dr's have been nice to me with Scans and I use my doppler daily to check on them, but it is the most frustrating thing to have to go through because you just truly can't enjoy the pregnancy when you are constantly worried about the blood!!! I totally feel your pain. I cry almost daily because of it, but know that it is all in God's hands.

Sorry your going through this too, Im the same tears on a daily basis, wish i could lock myself in a room and not come out until July.
My poor fella i dont know how he is coping with me when im in such bad form

if it was me i would go the a&e because then someone will HAVE to see you, even if they dont scan you on that day, they will check your cervix to see whats going on, if its closed thats a really reassuring sign, id deffo go hun xx

Is it spotting or bleeding? I went into the emergency room saying I was bleeding (I wasn't - I was spotting - but I didn't know the difference), and had an emergency scan. The doctor determined it was just a bit of spotting (irritated cervix) and not the bleeding (threatened miscarriage) that I thought it was. Either way, it is scary, perhaps you can try and get some clarification on that? It is probably the reason they aren't interested in scanning.

FYI my spotting lasted for about 2 weeks and baby is just fine. Spotting is usually just from an irritation - a full on bleed is something very different.

no this is spotting, like a brown discharge not alot of it mostly when I go to the loo and i wipe. Im wearing pads and they arent over flowing.
Maybe Im too paranoid given my last miscarriage but the hospital have done nothing to alay my fears. The last time I had spotting which was at 6 weeks she said it was a threaterned miscarriage...

Thanks for everyones responses

I can't believe your epu won't scan you, that is appaling especialy if you have already had a mc! Mine are excellent and have scanned me every time I've been bleeding. They are right it's not going to make any difference as to whether you mc or not but you need to know whats happening. If I was you I would probably call them and lay it on a bit re your symptoms. I really feel for you and wish you all the best and hope everything works out well.

Whereabouts are you?

I'm in NL and I had two weeks of spotting (4 to 6 weeks) before eventually having a full-on bleed (like a normal period). I moaned and threatened until they gave me scan - because I didn't think I was pregnant any more but I just wanted to be certain, felt like a fool saying I was PG when I'd been bleeding like crazy! My scan at something like 6w4d showed a little bean with a heartbeat.

Since then I've had more bleeding, back to spotting, back to bleeding again ... I don't know what to think! But I know how hard it is (((hugs))). If you are 9 weeks you must be due for your scan soon, right? My next one is at about 10 weeks.

Thanks ladies, Im in Dublin Ireland, not due for my next scan until the 2nd Feb.
When I miscarried they told me the next pregnancy we will be there the whole time to support you and scan you every few weeks but they dont give a toss. Maybe its the time of year but they are so unsupportive.
I worry that Im cracking up!

I wish i could go to sleep and wake up in July, I have no Christmas cheer whatsoever. :(

Sorry for anyone else gping through similar its just horrendous and a total head wreck. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->