6 DPO FRER.....is this an EVAP??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Tests' started by lolomom, Jan 25, 2011.

1. lolomom

lolomom Mom of 4!

So I caved and took a FRER tonight on only 6 dpo because I just couldn't wait any longer. I was sure it would be negative so I checked at 3 minutes in and of course it was a BFN. Then I got busy chasing around my toddler and checked back at the test after about 10-15 minutes and this is what I saw....at first I thought it was just a big, nasty evap but it does have color to it, although it doesn't show up well in the picture. Even my husband could see it. I know it was past the read time so I'm going to assume it is an evap, I just have never seen a FRER with a pink evap. Anyways, has anyone ever seen this before? What do you think? I'm not getting my hopes up at all, just curious I guess.

Attached Files:

2. ttcmikeandme

ttcmikeandme Paul Henry is Here!

I can't see any color to it so think it's an evap, but things always look different in real life so if you see color I hope when you retest the line darkens for you!

3. newzealand

newzealand Member

Im thinking evap as I have had them before, I hope not though GL XX

4. yourstruly10

yourstruly10 Well-Known Member

I had one like that last month that turned up after 15 mins. it was definitely an Evap. Ill keep my fingers crossed your isnt though.

5. lolomom

lolomom Mom of 4!

yeah thats really what I think as well, the only thing that threw me was that it had color to it. Who knows, its still so early so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get an actual line in a few days. Stupid evaps.

6. jacks mummy

jacks mummy Well-Known Member

Last month I took 4 frer and 2 of them got very bad evaps after about 10mins the line were pink and dark I was sure that maybe I just hadn't noticed it and it dried darker but it was defo an evap cos superdrug brand didn't show anything and af got me a few days later but good luck hun 6dpo is way too early but I was testing with ic's at 4dpo this month LOL xxx

7. lolomom

lolomom Mom of 4!

Yes, it was certainly an evap as I took a test this AM and it was a BFN. ARGH. I'm getting so discouraged with all of this, I'm starting to think I'll never see two lines on a test again. I certainly took for granted how easy it was to get pregnant the first time around.

8. hay246

hay246 Loving being a mummy :)

u r extremely early tho remember!

9. kit603

kit603 Pregnant with #2

You can definitely get pink evaps on a FRER outside the time limit - i've had one go as dark as the control line and still be an evap once :(

6dpo is VERY early to test, it's very rare for a woman to get her BFP so early. You'd be better holding on till at least 9/10dpo if you can :hugs: