6 month old ~ Is he thirsty?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by xLisax, Apr 6, 2009.

1. xLisax

xLisax Max & Evies Mummy :)

I just wondered when a baby needs liquids other than milk included in the diet?
    Max still has 4x250ml bottles a day along with bfast, dinner and tea but i started thinking about whether to give him baby juice or water as well??
    Anyone else with a 6ish month old do this?

Thanks everyone :hugs:

xxx

2. lcside

lcside Mummy to Erin

I gave Erin water when she started solids as it helps to prevent constipation that some foods can give. She now uses a sippy cup and I encourage her to have sips several times a day.
    In total she probably drinks about 2/3oz of water a day aswell as 3 x 7oz bottles of milk. xx

3. Pyrrhic

Pyrrhic Well-Known Member

We've always been giving Niamh water from when she was about a month old to help with her constipation, plus sometimes she is just thirsty. She'll only take water when she is thirsty. I think if you're weaning then you should be offering water with meals.

4. keelykat

keelykat Guest

Elliot is having three meals a day now, with each one hes having his bottle too (so i don't give water then as hes having his milk)...then he has a bottle at bedtime. He'll sometimes have a drink in between meals, but he won't have any if he isn't thirsty. He'll just let it dribble out of his mouth!

keely.

5. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

we offer Hannah water at each meal :)