6 months and fighting sleep

_Lexi_

Mummy to 1 perfect angel and a 6yr old daughter
Reaction score
Jessica has always been a terrible sleeper. She's usually really easy to get to sleep, and will do 4ish hours, then wake quite frequently. The past few nights though have just been awful. Last night I was upstairs with her from her usual bedtime (6.30pm) until she finally fell asleep at 11pm, before waking up at 12 then every hour. Tonight she's still awake. She fell asleep at 6pm, and woke screaming at 7om. Since then she hasn't stopped. Her nappy is clean, her tummy is full. Just won't sleep. My oh is now up with her seeing if he can settle her (not working, she's now screaming even more). Two nights of no dinner as I've been up with her. I just want more than an hours sleep :( we've got an ewan dream sheep, which normally helps, but not the past few days. Any suggestions??

Could be teeth at 6 months? This exact same thing happened with my LO at 6 months almost on the dot and then a week later his two bottom teeth appeared.

I'm not sure. Can't really feel teeth. I popped some bonjela on her gums earlier to see if it would help, but didn't seem to.

how does she fall asleep? i mean is she rocked to sleep?

No, I'll normally take her up, have the lights off with just a night light on, feed her, read a short story, pop her down in her crib, put ewan on and walk out. Most nights she'll be asleep within a few minutes x

Ah so it's not that she can't self settle?

I have to say at 6 months my LO's sleeping hit such a low he was up every half hour but that was because he couldn't self settle.

She'll self settle at first, but not the rest of the night. Had our best night ever the other night where she slept 7pm-5.40am, I knew it was too good to be true!!

My LO's been playing up lately too and she's 6 months. She goes to sleep at 7 then wakes screaming an hour later. Tonight, I fed her some porridge after her veg puree (been weaning her for 2 weeks) and it seems to have worked cos she's still asleep, no waking. Worth a try, maybe the carbs help ?!

We started weaning at 5 months after advice from my hv because of her poor sleep. She had 3 meals and a snack today, on top of her usual milk feeds. And she has a pudding after her dinner!! x

Fox has been like this the last 4/5 days. Not sleeping much at all day and night!

There is a big leap at 6 months, they are getting ready for food, learning to sit up, rolling more. Fox has learnt how to clap the last few days so must be brain development too.

It will settle back down.

I hope so!!

go fox! I keep encouraging her to clap, but she just looks at me like I'm an idiot! :)

I get the same look from Fox if i clap infront of him.

He starts clapping then seems to realise hes doing something new with his hands which throws him off and he looks all confused bless him.

Going through same thing. My LO normal goes 7-7 but the last couple of weeks he has been waking.

Read that there is another sleep regression at 6 months plus he is trying really hard to crawl so I figure he is just going through a developmental stage also.

We've been in a sleep regression since birth!! Her sleep is always horrendous, but she's never like this to get to sleep. I know she's learning a lot. She learned to roll both ways yesterday. Which she demonstrated by rolling off the bed :( surely if it was her teeth she'd be a bit whingy during the day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->