6 week 2 days ultrasound...so sad

KimmieHawkins

Reaction score
We could only see a amniotic sac and yolk sac. Everything measured exactly what it should have bc I was charting religiously. That partnered with my decrease in symptoms have me so upset. Tech wasn't too worried, said baby was prob too small for a transabdominal ultrasound. I'm so worried....I go back on Friday.

Sending you a big hug babe

The fact that all of the measurements are spot on is a really good sign though

I have a 5 week 6 day scan booked soon and I've been googling like mad to see how many other people picked up a heart beat at 6 weeks and it was honestly 50/50. I read loads of womens stories who were only 5 weeks a few days who managed to see heartbeats and then others that were 6 weeks plus a few days and they didn't pick one up but went back the week after and did see one flashing away

I know it's easier said than done but try to stay calm until next week

Keeping everything crossed for you xxxx

If I understand you correctly it was an abdominal ultrasound and not a transvaginal one? If they'd done the later I'm sure they would have seen more. Hoping your mind is put at ease on Friday

I second that an abdominal will not pick up much if anythin that early. Usually that early they would do a TV so I wouldn't worry just yet. By your next scan even if it's abdominal u should def see somethin more x

If it was an ultrasound done on the stomach I wouldn't stress at all!! I could barely see baby with a transvaginal done!

Omg!!! Thanks ladies!!! That makes me feel so much better.

Sorry to hear this Kimmie...but I'm sure your next scan u will seen ur little beans heartbeat. Best wishes and you will be in my prayers

I had a scan at 6+2 with first daughter. They did a transvaginal scan after the abdominal scan showedonly a sack.

We got a teeny tiny heartbeat doing the transvaginal one. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

All I saw was the gestational sac at 6+3 with my daughter, I am sure all is fine!

I had a scan last week and when they put the probe on my abdomen they could see what looked like an empty gestational sac in the uterus. They then did the vaginal ultrasound and could see a fetus in the sac with a HB and yolk sac and measured it at 6+3. I wouldn't have seen anything accept the gestational sac by the abdomen (I also have almost no abdominal fat).

As the others said, that early on they should have done a tv. Mine was done tv at almost 7 weeks. Im sure you'll see something on Friday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"