6 week check up

ducky1502

Reaction score
Two questions.....

I tore and had to have stitches. Will the dr look at them? Im happy with them and feel no need.

What happens to bubs at the check up?

Hi

In the past a lot of docs would insist on checking your stitches but nowadays most recognise it's your right to have them checked or not. With regard to baby they redo all the pediatric checks from birth and usually check length, weight and head circumference as well although these days a lot of drs don't bother with the last three these days

At my 6 week check up, they checked to make sure I had healed properly, didn't have any sort of infection or scar tissue, things like that. They also sent me for blood work to check my iron levels.
They didn't check the baby at all, it was all about me. My baby had a check up with my family doctor at 2 weeks, 2 months, and has another at 4 months.

He just asked me how I was feeling and about birth control. Said they used to check tears but don't bother unless you ask.

Checked baby over and listened to her heart. Asked if she was smiling yet, to which she looked up at him ad gave him a huge smile.

So from what i can gather in the UK they dont check your tear unless u ask. So i wont bother neatening up my lady garden :rofl:

My doctor checked mine at my 6 week check and just done a routine check over of me

The only thing they did, was check down there.... I wasn't even expecting that! :dohh:

I was checked at my 6 week check although when the nurse checked she said I should really be seeing a doctor:wacko: (good job I had a consultant appointment at 8 weeks post!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"