6-week scan: measuring 4d behind, no heartbeat detected - any hope??

londongirl

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I'm 6weeks preg (I know because I had ovulation monitored by bloods and scans). Got a BFP at 9dpo. My HCG levels are great.

At my scan this morning, the tech told me I was measuring 5w3d and no heartbeat detected. Everything was there.

Is there any hope left? I'm going back in a week. Any success stories?

Thank you :thumbup::cry::flower:

I certainly wouldn't give up hope yet, early scans notoriously measure out and often catch up later on! My first scan with my daughter at 7 weeks measured 6 days behind, at 9 weeks she had made up a few days and was a day ahead by 12 weeks.
I wouldn't give up on your pregnancy based on one scan at 6 weeks, and it's not unusual to not see the heartbeat this early.
Keep positive and good luck for your next scan xxxxxx :hugs:

With my twins I went in for a early scan. They only saw the sacs and no heartbeats. Went back two weeks later and beautiful twin heart beats
I was 5 weeks 3days at the scan.

as the other posters said- early scans can be out and a week makes a huge difference at this time and i am sure you will see a little heartbeat next time

With this pregnancy I had bleeding and a scan at 6+5 and no heartbeat, repeat scan at 8 weeks with perfect heart beat! Stay positive :hugs:

With this pregnancy I had a scan at 5w6d. The tech saw a gestational sac which had a measurement that matched up with my dates... However, that sac was the only thing visible. There was no yolk, no fetal pole, and certainly no heartbeat. I waited several long weeks for my next ultrasound-- thinking the worst all the while. I was pleasantly surprised to see a perfectly healthy little baby at my NT scan, measuring right as it should. I've since had one more scan at 16 weeks, which confirmed that our little girl is looking great. I definitely wouldn't give up hope yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->