6 week ultrasound, no heartbeat

FeelinWorried

Reaction score
I just had my first ultrasound today. According to LMP, I'm exactly 6 weeks, though based on when I O'd I thought I was more like 6w3d. They saw the gestational sac, which measured right at 6 weeks, and a yolk sac, but couldn't see anything else. My doctor said it might just be too early to tell, but there's a "good chance" I could miscarry. I am also worried because I had been getting more and more nauseated since last week, but that has subsided over the past two days.

I had a miscarriage in January, but that was on an unmedicated cycle and this time around I'm on progesterone, which is what I needed for my successful pregnancy with my daughter 4 years ago.

I'm supposed to go back in a week for another ultrasound, but I know I'll be going crazy just wondering what's going on with my body and this pregnancy. I was so hoping for today's ultrasound to bring relief, but instead it's just made me more worried. Any words of wisdom or advice?

Did they do any blood tests? While you are waiting for your next ultrasound, I would ask for them to do some beta tests to see if your HCG is still rising. That will take at least 48 hours, but it could help ease your mind sooner. It is likely just too early to see the heartbeat, try not to stress too much, as there is not much you could do either way.

I had a scan at 6wks and saw yolk sac but no heart beat. They said from the look it was more like 5wks and a bit BUT every dating scan since (12 weeks and 20 weeks) put that one bang on 6wks 1day. No-one said anything like I was likely to miscarry!! They said all looked fine. Went on to have a healthy baby.

The doctor said an HCG test wouldn't tell her much at this point. My last beta was a week ago and it had been rising normally at that point.

I agree that a couple more beta tests this week could see if my numbers are going in the right direction. Maybe I'll call the doctor about that in the morning.

I booked a ultrasound today and they told me tht they typically don't do ultrasounds till after 8 weeks and warned me not to be upset if they don't see a heartbeat tomorrow at my ultrasound...I wouldn't panic...by ovulation I may be is the ball park of 6w 4 or 5 days...

Try not to worry hun. I'm sure it's just a little too early x

I had an u/s at 6+1, no fetal pole just gest and yolk. I had an u/s at 6+2 because of pain and there was a fetal pole with flickering. Don't give up hope :)

I had an ultrasound at 6+1 with my daughter and they didn't even see a yolk sac. They told me blighted ovum and sent me home freaking out.

Two weeks later, she was a beautiful little heartbeat.

As I always say on these threads: They are looking for something the size of a grain of rice through tissues, organs, and muscle. It can sometimes be VERY difficult to see, especially if you have a retroverted uterus. Try not to stress too much!

What kind of a doctor says you have a good chance of miscarrying based on that?! I'm glad we don't deal with doctors in pregnancy here, they all sound like cold fish.

I had an ultrasound with Sophie when I thought I was 6+3 and the sack measured 6+0. There was a possible yolk sac and nothing else. I went back 7 days later and there was the fetal pole, heartbeat etc. All was fine, she's 20 months now and climbing all over me.

I do have a retroverted uterus, so maybe that's a contributing factor. Thanks to all for your encouraging words. I'm trying to think positive and have faith that my little bean will be just fine!

I tell u not to worry yesterday yet my ultra
Ultrasound is worrying me..just seen a black blob on the screen...lady stating It looks to her as I'm earlier like 5 weeks...I got my bfp June 30....I do know I ovulated late by 5 days ish..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->