6 week ultrasound show gestational sac & yolk sac

jlpitts718

Reaction score
Hey ladies!

I'm new here, & I'm turning to ya'll for some help. I had my 6 week scan at 6w1d (4 days ago) as I had some very light spotting the night before (which never returned & never had any cramps). The ultrasound tech could only find the gestational sac & yolk sac, no fetal pole. I'm pretty sure on my ovulation date, as we were on clomid, but I could have implanted late. She didn't seem too positive that this would be a viable pregnancy, as I had an early (5 week) miscarriage in September. My HCG was still 32000. I go back in next thursday for another ultrasound. I just need some reassurance that this has happened to others, before I stress myself out.

Thanks so much!<3

It did with me! I went one day and they could only see the sac and pole, went back 48 hours later and it was a baby with a heartbeat!

I was about 6 weeks then, fingers crossed x

I only had a sac and yolk sac at 5w5d last week with a sac measuring 5w2d. My hcg was around 15k. I went in for a follow up today and baby measured 6w4d and had a heartbeat. :hugs: in the early scans a few days make a big difference so don't give up yet. The yolk sac is a good sign.

With DS i had spotting so had betas done and an ultrasound. Beta was over 23,000 by 6+1 and ultrasound only showed a sac measuring 5+5. I went back in 10 days and he was measuring on time with dates at 7+4.

As pp said, just a few days can make a difference on the scan :hugs:

I had a scan at 5+4 (lmp was 7 weeks) and could only see a gestational sac measuring 4 to 5 weaks, and nothing else. my baby is now 10 months old.

During this pregnancy I only had a Sac at 6 weeks! Not even a yolk sac. I'm now much further along and baby is a very healthy active little one!

Same with me with DD! Went in at LmP 6w3d and measured only 5w5d and only yolk sac but followed up in a week and I was suddenly all caught up at 7w1d and everything was perfect

Thank yall so much! I'm feeling much better about it after reading your posts. Well, I was feeling better until the morning sickness started today. But, hey that's a good sign right??

Haha praise the sickness! Exactly as the others have said and also just to say, baby can swim around in there! I think sometimes they can't see it because it's so tiny and hiding behind some other tissue hehe. Looking forward to the update x

When I had my last baby, I had a scan at 6+2 and the pole was only 2mm and the heart had literally just kicked in and the lady told me if I had gone in the day before at 6+1 we would only have seen the yolk and sac. She is now 4 years old. Dont let them make you feel worried at this early stage! There is every chance that baby is just fine!

Went back in for my follow up ultrasound & guess sweat! We have a baby!! I cried and cried tears of joy! Thank y'all for calming my nerves during our wait last week! We are so relieved! Due July 30th! Heart rate was 145!

Attachments

• IMG_2974.jpg
    IMG_2974.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 5
im a bit freaked out at this as well, had our first scan on tuesday 5w 4d, and all they saw was a ges. sac. the tech was moving so fast it was hard to follow her... but then the dr comes in and says, well she thinks there might have been 2 sacs, not one....:baby::baby: thats a scary thought.... hopefully we will see more at my next scan on the 29th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->