6 weeks 5 days sex last night now spotting - petrified.

Shakeitout

Reaction score
This is my first pregnancy and I'm so scared. Me and partner had sex last night - I made sure gently as I was afraid and now I am spotting this morning. It's browny / pinky and I'm so frightened :(

brown/ slightly pink, isnt anything to worry about as its old blood could been just a bit of irritation from the sex hun,

I think it has stopped now. Been to the loo and wiped and there's nothing. Is it something I should call the docs about or only if it carries on? Putting a sex ban in place I think! So stressed.

I read that spotting after sex is very common and normal. The cervix is engorged with blood during pregnancy and thus sexual stimulation can lead to a little spotting.

I haven't experienced spotting, but I read up on it as I was nervous about having sex.

I think you're very likely fine BUT I totally understand your worry! It won't hurt a thing to call your doctor and ask their thoughts. If it will give you peace of mind- do it!

Hope you are feeling better.

ps- your status still reads "waiting to try". Already planning for the next?? ;-)

I had spotting after DTD from weeks 6-8 with my DD. She's a happy 2 year old now. :flower:

Spotting after sex is actually quite common. As someone else said, your cervix (and everything else down there really) is experiencing higher blood flow due to your pregnancy and things are easily irritated (even if you are gentle) due to hormone changes. If you call your doctor, they'll probably just say spotting is common and not to worry, esp if you've just had sex. But if it will ease your mind, then call. No harm in asking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->