6 weeks and bleeding

lcbrockley

Reaction score
Hey, I am currently 6 weeks +1. For the last week I had a couple of the tiniest drops of brown discharge (if I hadn't have been looking I would have missed it), yesterday I started having pink discharge when I wiped and because I have been so worried about this pregnancy since I found out between 3-4 weeks I went to the drs who just took my temperature and felt my abdomen and sent me away saying to come back if I started getting pain and/or heavier bleeding. Well last night around 7pm I started getting a real heavy/period feeling low in my abdomen and then around 9pm I felt an uncomfortable wet feeling and my underwear was covered in red blood with one very tiny blood clot. I went to a&e who took my temperature, blood pressure and urine sample to check for pregnancy and infection. This resulted in them booking me in for a scan but they couldn't get me in until Thurs morning now I am left worried and panicky for 2 days. The bleeding was medium flow for about 12 hours this morning it's light again but still very much there and still have that slight uncomfortable pain low down. Going to take it as easy as I can until then, I have a 3 and a half year old who is being bribed with playstation and his choice of movies today!! Struggling between trying to hope for the best and then being in tears worrying about the worst outcome of it.

Oh hun that must be frightening, i really hope everything goes well for your scan, iv heard lots of stories of ladies bleeding really heavy with clots and the baby was absolutely perfect xx

I know.. I have read some positive stories but don't want to get my hopes up about it as I know it could easily go either way.. Probably need to stop reading up about it to be honest! We haven't told anyone about the pregnancy and my partner is at work today so just wanted to vent and get it out rather than just thinking about it. Thanks x

Aww how scary hun. I spotted a bit at the end of 5 weeks/early 6 weeks and I was so scared. It is so common for women to spot and even bleed during early pregnancy. My Dr. told me that 30% of women spot/bleed during 1st tri.
Thinking of you!!! Xx

good luck x my friend bled every 3 months slightly brown and her LO is now 4 year old strapping boy.

Oh this sounds like it must be so rough for you. And the waiting is horrible. I will cross my fingers for you. Good luck, hon.

Thanks for your replies everyone.. Does anyone know how being rhesus negative could affect this, I had the Anti D injection after my first was born?

You poor thing -- waiting is horrible, especially when you know that the result could go either way. Sounds like you have a good plan for today, and sending all my good thoughts for your scan tomorrow.

I'm sorry, I don't know whether being rhesus negative would make any difference.

I hope everything goes well tomorrow!

I bled quite a bit starting from 5.5 weeks every two weeks, my last bleed i was just over 11 weeks.

I've had 5 scans because of it but the baby's fine :)

I'm also rhesus negative and my mw said if i bleed again now i'm past 12 weeks i have to call the EPU direct and tell them i'm rhesus negative and they will then check where the blood is coming from, just in case i would need anti-d.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, I have my scan in the morning too.

Good Luck tomorrow I will be thinking positive thoughts xxx

Thanks everyone, BethK that's reassuring to know. Scan is first thing in the morning so not too long to wait now.

hey, thanks everyone for your replies but the scan did confirm what I had been expecting.. They couldn't see anything at all. Time to try and get my head around what is happening. Thanks again x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->