• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

6 weeks and no fetal pole - UPDATE ON PAGE 4

Hiya,

I just wanted to tell you about my story, because I too was in your position, and spent 2 weeks worrying myself sick before I had another scan and spent hours googling and researching other peoples stories.

I went for a scan at 5wks6days (by my dates I thought I was 6wks4days)after having slight bleeding, I had both an U/S and an internal scan and was told they could only see a gestational sac and no fetal pole, or yolk sac. I was told that they do expect to at least see a yolk sac but to return in 2 weeks.

I spent hours googling, reading horror stories and actually made myself sick. I was convinced I "knew my body and something was wrong". I too felt like I just felt too healthy to be pregnant. I has tender breasts at night, I was a bit sleepy, my appetite was there one minute and the next i felt sick.

A week later I got more dark brown bleeding, and went to see my doctor. He looked at my notes and told me I was probably miscarrying and to go home and wait for my scan to confirm it. I came home and cried for 2 days until I finally had enough and went into the Early Pregnancy Unit. My partner and I were prepared to hear the baby wasnt there when the sonographer finally said "theres baby, and theres his/her little heart beating away, its very strong!". I was also told I was exactly 8 weeks. And that was all 10 days after I was told I was only 5wks6days.

Basically don't give up hope. I cant say everything will be the same for you, but every woman is completely different. Its amazing the difference a few days can make. I know its hard to stop worrying, but its not unusual to feel "not very pregnant"...I eventually got extremely bad nausea (to the point anytime i thought about food i wanted to vomit!!) but it only lasted a week or so. It annoys me when people say that yes you must see this and that at an exact date. No 2 pregnancies are the same :) good luck, and take care xx

Thank you so much MummyTobe86 for sharing your story. I'm going through somnething quite similar to you, I have to wait until Wed for my next scan and every morning I wake up feeling sick with worry. It's absolutely killing me! I've had a lot of +ve stories which makes me feel better for a little while, and then the horror stories creep back into my mind! I have googled so much and can't think about anything else. I also feel that sometimes because I have no symptoms, something is wrong. With my first pregnancy I was so sick (I have a healthy 18mth old)

Update!!

I just got back from the doctor's office. I was able to see the baby and heartbeat. Best of all, I was able to hear the heartbeat. Everything is looking great and I am off to the races. My RE released me to my OB/GYN!

Thank you to all you ladies. Your support is amazing and it got me through this period. To all you mom's out there in my position, just be patient, your baby will come around!

Awe, am so glad for you...I had the question in my mind and I was exactly 6weeks, where the Dr said it was too early to get the heartbeat. Now, am more than confident and I know the baby is fine..
Thanks to your thread...have a H&H 9months :hugs:

hi there i am in a very similar position i have been for a scan today and they saw nothing just a sac no yolk sac no fetal pole just the gest sac

i cried all the way back from the docs they are doing another scan in a fortnight

At not even 5 weeks that is all they should see so really don't worry yourself - give it a few weeks and you should see more. :hugs:

Congrats on the good news - it gives me hope.

Hi Girls

Had the same thing went for scan 6 weeks 1 day and could not see baby or fetal pole. Went to Clinic at 6 weeks and 4 days and today we saw two babies and two heartbeats. I thought it was all over for me and now twins are doing fine.

I had my ultrasound too, and saw a teensy baby with a heartbeat of 145! Yay! I really think they should stop scaring women at 6 weeks. Sometimes you just can't see anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"