6 weeks and sickness fear/HG sufferer

babenumber3

Reaction score
I've been feeling sick for about a week. My last pregnancy I was diagnosed with HG and I was bedridden and so poorly.

I've just thrown up for the first time and I'm petrified of the next few months now. Husband works full time, I've got a child in school and a toddler, we're going on holiday to the beach for a week in August

I'm going to my gp tomorrow to discuss options because I don't have the time or any help if I get hospitalized and need iv fluids again. I'm hoping I have a supportive gp. Everytime I think about food I have flash backs to last time and I'm shaking just thinking about it. My stomach is in knots. I feel like even if the sickness isn't this badthis time, I'm forever going to think about those moments in my second pregnancy, I have no one to talk to and the other half only slightly gets it he doesnt understand how anxious i am

I know how scary it is, I've had hg in every pregnancy bar my last and I spent the whole first few months waiting for it to start. I was still sick a few times a day but it wasnt hg. I was so worried because in my son and both daughters pregnancies I had been hospitalised most of first tri and I was so nervous as we weren't in a financial position for my husband to take the time of work to look after our children should I go into hospital. I worried myself sick and really spoilt first tri. TrI know it's hard but try not to stress too much over it, but if you feel the sickness is increasing then get straight to a GP. I found controlling it early on did help. I've been very sick this week so I'm off to see my doctor tomorrow.

I'm an HG sufferer as well. In my last three out of four pregnancies the first 20 weeks of pregnancy felt like I had one massive hangover. I'm not really much help, as I had to be put on anti nausea meds the entire first half of my pregnancy. Diclegis and Zofran combination was my life saver. Although the vomiting is gone, I still take them every once in a while to help when I get nauseated from over eating.

my gp just prescribed me prochlorperazine*does anyone have experience of this?
I did have these in a dissolvable form last time but still ended up on ondansetron

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->