6 weeks and worried...

Reaction score
Hi all,

I got my positive 10 days ago after 7 months of ttc. I thought I would be over the moon and all I needed to see was that positive line (which has since been many positive lines and digital positives) but the initial shock has now given way to almost constant worry. This is my first pregnancy so I was quite shocked that there is no midwife/doctor/medical appointment until 10 weeks-which feels like forever away!

I have booked a private early scan for when I will be 8+4 weeks (earliest they could do it) but am wondering if anyone has any tips on how to stay sane, or reassuring advice for the meantime.

I don't think I have any logical reason for worrying as I've had no pain or bleeding at all but have read that m/c can occur without symptoms, which is worrying. I have just turned 30 am healthy and do regular exercise and have been avoiding everything you are supposed to.

I have a few mild symptoms-sore breasts to touch, frequent bathroom visits , feeling exhausted (am a teacher though so this is quite normal) and just not really feeling myself. I know all pregnancies are different but does this sound normal? Is anyone else in a similar position or has been.

Any advice or support would be very greatly received.

And good luck to everyone too! :)

I know exactly how you feel.

We lost a baby last year, and spent the last 7 months TTC. Just like you I was so sure that once I saw those double lines, I'd be all set!

I have never worried so much in my life!

For me, I'm taking it one day at a time. I'm looking up everything, and being able to see that what I'm experiencing is normal and that hundreds of thousands of women experienced it too is very comforting.
I like knowledge, so I read *everything*. For some people that just causes more stress - so do what works for YOU.

You've got to find a way to be calm with the rhythm of the Universe/God/Allah/Nature/whathaveyou right now <3 Just understand that whatever happens, happens and it is totally out of your control anyway so you might as well spend your time stress-free and calm.

Recognize when you start stressing and divert yourself away from that stressor.

Best of luck to you dear!

Something I did during my most recent TWW where I felt so pregnant; I was obsessing and couldn't calm down.

i created an Amazon Baby Registry! Took me a week, and it really helped.
even now I go on there and just day dream and find new things or better things.

And even if something happens, you still have it for next time! You can even make a girl one and a boy one.

The worry is so real. I used to joke that I wasn't really able to start enjoying my pregnancy until the day after my daughter was born. It never fully goes away, but does ease in the later months when you're able to feel the baby.

No real advice - it's torturous. I used to just try to tell myself that I've never been pregnant before so I don't know how I'm supposed to feel. Therefore, telling myself I should or shouldn't feel something was meaningless. Other than that just get through the days. I had more scans than a typical pregnancy for a few reasons and in general found that a scan would only appease my worry for about 2-3 days. After that I'd be seeking reassurance again. This is normal.

That said - if you find you're not able to get through the day because you're so fearful, speak with your OB. That's not healthy.

Hang in there! Pregnancy feels forever when you're at the beginning but like a flash in hindsight. Congrats!

Sending so much love. I've had 2 miscarriage and an ectopic involving tube removal. It's tough. However I really try and live each moment. I cannot control the future I can only experience the present. What will be will be.

I really recommend 'The Power of Now' by Eckhart Tolle. This book has changed my life. And has helped me stay in the moment and not dwell on the past giving me true happiness. I listened on audible.

Sending love and positive energy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"