6 weeks- bleeding and cramping

Miss_chicka

Mum to 2 earth side
Reaction score
Hey, I'm currently 6 weeks along and last night I started bleeding and cramping. Not just spitting either but like a normal period. I just wanted to know everyone's thoughts. Is it a miscarriage or just bleeding in first trimester. I did have sex two days ago I don't know if that changes anything. I guess I'm just clutching at straws hoping that this is just a little hiccup. I did a blood test today and I do get the results in a couple of hours.

Big hugs. Seeing blood while pregnant is scary. I had spotting last night, and was worried sick. I'm not sure of the outcome for myself, but just want you to know that I'm saying a prayer for you.
Sex can def aggravate the cervix and at this point there's so much blood flow to that area that it can be common to spot after dtd.
If you are having heavy bleeding see a doctor to have it checked. At 6 weeks they will be able to see something on an u/s, so they can confirm whether it's a viable pregnancy or not.
From what I understand it could go either way, and at the same time some women get their full periods each month throughout pregnancy.

I'm hoping the best for you. Try to have a warm bath, relax and put your feet up if you can.

Thank you for replying. The doctor said that I will find out the hcg blood test results in 2- 5 hours. If they are over 1600 then I go for an ultrasound if not then I will have to retest on Monday unless it gets really heavy and clotting

When I had my mc at 6 weeks, it was kinda like a period but lots and lots of clots. If no clots, that can be a positive sign and it could be something else. I hope they find your blood levels at a good place and are able to do an ultrasound. I know how worrying it is.. Bleeding doesn't always mean the worst so I'm definitely hoping the best for you. Hang in there! :hugs:

I got my blood test results back. I have a HCG level
Of 76. I think it's safe to say that I am going to miscarriage

I'm so so sorry:( big hugs to you at this time...

So so sorry for you, I know how that feels and my thoughts are with you darling xxx

I'm so sorry :hugs: I had a mc in August and it really zapps you of strength and energy. Take care of yourself and try and get plenty of rest xx

I'm so sorry. My miscarriage when I was 5ish weeks was very similar in that it was very heavy bleeding like a bad period and lots of clots.

Just take care of yourself and rest as much as possible.

Thinking of you :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->