6 weeks pregnant, now what??

Well, you go about normal life! Eat healthy, exercise, go on dates with your significant other. Life!

Lol! That makes sense! And yep I go in Tuesday , what should I expect? I'm super nervous and excited

Every Dr is different on what they do in the first apt.
I've had 3 different first appointments and for me I've had like 6 viles of blood taken, pap smear and great exam and urine if she wants it. At my first first apt I did all that then got the referral sent for an ob as I didn't have one.

Good luck congrats!

First off yay! Congratulations! Well I can only offer my experiences. Basically I test. Pee stick shows positive. I go to my family doc who sends me for blood confirmation. I call or they call within 2 days and give me the results. I call my obgyn. His assistant faxes over a requisite for my dating scan to a lab of my choice. Then I go see my Lil fee fee on a screen. That info gets sent to my obgyn. They then call me and set up my 12 week nt scan which I can do at my obgyn or at a lab of my choice. We also set up my 1st appointment with obgyn. The 12 week nuchal scan they measure the fluid behind baby neck, also I do blood work. That info is also relayed to my obgyn. We call it 1st trimester screening. On the 1st actual office visit with my baby doc he usually does an internal, blood pressure, weigh in and listen to hb on a doppler. After that appointments are once a month, no internal just BP, weigh in and heartbeat. There is a big 20 week anatomy scan then at the end I go every 2 weeks then every week. Around 28 or 30 weeks I do a glucose test (for gestational diabetes ) drink orange drink wait exactly 1 hour and get blood drawn. Then close to my due date or when I start telling my doc I feel ready he does a cervix check to see if I've started dilating. Pretty much sums up my entire pregnancies process :D

Oh at some point too they do a swab to see if your strep positive or negative. Either way means nothing just if your positive they will drip in a little antibiotic right before u deliver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->