6 weeks scan - REALLY worried

mari_xx

Reaction score
Hi ladies
I had my first scan today and i believe i'm 6w+1d
we could only see the gestational sac (7,4mm) and it was really clear. not even a yolk sac yet. i'm really really worried
they said i might have ovulated a bit later so i should wait for a week or two and do another scan. i was really worried and kept asking them if this is normal and i guess they noticed i was panicking and kept saying it will be fine :cry: is that actually normal? there still hope? :nope:

xxx

yes this can be completely normal. I had the same thing for my first pregnancy and when I went back in at just over 7 weeks they could see the yolk sac and fetal pole and picked up a heartbeat. Try not to stress too much, it is still very early!

Glad to read that! I was hoping i'd at least see a yolk sac cos i've been doing a lot of reading and googling (which apparently is not good for me!!) and everyone was saying they could deffo see it we're supposed to see gest , yolk sac & even heartbeat most times at 6 weeks and all i saw was an empty sac :shrug: i'll do my best to wait at least 2 weeks as i'd be devastated if i go next week and see nothing...

xxxxx

The exact same thing happened to me. 6+1, I was 100% sure on my dates (so I know I didn't ovulate late) and they only saw the sac. No yolk, no fetal pole, nothing. They told me I had a blighted ovum, I'd likely miscarry, blah blah blah.

I found the website www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com and read that it's actually fairly common in women with retroverted uteruses for them not to be able to see what they want to at 6 weeks. And that lots of women go back in 1-2 weeks and see everything.

My "blighted ovum" is almost 2.5 and just went to bed. I'm glad I didn't take their word as gospel! :) Don't lose hope yet!

Chiming in with the others, my "blighted ovum" at 6w2d is now almost 16 weeks. Best wishes!!!

Yes sounds normal to me. With this pregnancy I had a scan at what should of been 6+6 by LMP but when I went for my scan they measured sac at 5+1 and nothing else was seen I really thought it was a doomed pregnancy but I went back for a re scan 2 weeks later (longest 2 weeks of my life) and yolk sac, fetal pole and hb was present :) I am currently 22 weeks pregnant and everything is fine baby is actually measuring ahead than behind now so don't worry hun it sounds normal to me

Glad to read that's normal! Thx lovelies! Unfortunatelly i'll have to play the waiting game now :nope: but i won't lose hope!!
Really wanna see my half brazilian half welsh bean!!!

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->