6 weeks today :-(

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by jaybee, Aug 22, 2009.

1. jaybee

jaybee Mum to Tobias & Alexander

Can’t believe it, woke up this morning to go to work at the awful time of 5.15am and sat on the edge of the bed trying not to heave. Drove into work also trying not to heave and now sat at the reception desk trying hard to be polite to staff and guests whilst thinking how long it will take me to run to the toilet if I need to!!
    I’m 6 weeks today. . and MS seems to have started in a low gear. Hope it doesn’t gain too much momentum as I can’t bear the thought of working with it any worse!!

2. hopeforamirac

hopeforamirac Well-Known Member

oh you poor thing, hope it doesnt last to long or you :hugs:

3. trying4#1

trying4#1 Well-Known Member

nibble on ginger biscuits. it helped keep nausea away for at least half hour at a time.

4. Sazzoire

Sazzoire Well-Known Member

well there's an excuse to buy and scoff lots of ginger biscuits!!

5. jaybee

jaybee Mum to Tobias & Alexander

I have a packet of ginger nuts at home, but have annoyingly left them at home! :dohh:
    I've been typing the menus for lunch and dinners for the weekend and have to keep stopping 'cos even just reading about the food!!:nope:

6. alibaba24

alibaba24 Well-Known Member

try seabands they work for alot of women on here,takes the edge of the sickness

xxx

7. amazed

amazed Mummy of 4 <3

I hope it eases up.

8. Bexbex999

Bexbex999 Mum to Elizabeth

I understand how you feel, my MS started at 6 weeks and has only recently stopped. I found that if you have something to eat when you wake, before getting out of bed, then stay there for 10 mins it will help to settle your stomach before you get up.

As weird as it sounds, I got so used to feeling awful that when it finally stopped I worried something was wrong with the baby!

Best of luck finding something that will work for you :hugs:

9. thechaosismex

thechaosismex Well-Known Member

Aw poor you! m/s really sucks! I found that anything minty would help me, like trebor strong mints or chewing gun. Took the edge off a bit.

x

10. EternalRose

EternalRose Well-Known Member

Sending you hugs hun :hugs:, Im 6 weeks next wednesday. I have only had queaziness so far, apart from one vomitus occassion but thats because i gave into the queaziness. I was brushing my teeth at the time, and it came out of nowhere:nope:

11. cymrucath

cymrucath Well-Known Member

You poor thing. I haven't had much so far. Lots of feeling queasy but not much actual ms. I do have a problem with heaving when Iam brushing my teeth and using the mouthwash though. OH thinks it hysterical and laughs out loud at the retching noises!!! Not nice is it lol! I hope it passes fairly soon for you though chick. Take it as a positive that little bump is nice and strong!

12. Embovstar

Embovstar Mummy to Isaac 23.04.10

Hey Ju

Lot's of hugs! Not sure what to suggest because I haven't had any ms yet but I hope today is over before you know it and you're home as quick as you like :)

Nicola xx

13. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

That sounds rough. I hope you find something that works for you soon.

14. Mahogany

Mahogany Well-Known Member

15. etcetera

etcetera Well-Known Member

I know exactly what you mean, it was all I could do NOT to pull over this morning. It was awful.

Soon after I got there though, I munched on some toast and everything was better. I'm hoping it stays low lol.

16. gixxgirl06

gixxgirl06 Well-Known Member

I"m the same every day so far it's been 3 weeks that I'm sick as a dog. now since Mon. the smell of my desk at work is making me really nauseous. I hate this sickness. now can you all remind me what the fun is? Ha,ha,ha... it was sure fun making the baby..but, i don't know about now.

17. TTCLILCU

TTCLILCU Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. I am nausea right now and have been on and off all day everyday for the last week!! I have found that drinking lemonade helps a bit. It horrible being at work and feeling this way! Especially for me because I teach elementary school and I'm constantly talking but worried that something else beside words is going to come out at anytime!

18. WhosThatGirl

WhosThatGirl Mommy of 4 amazing kids!

You can order preggie pop drops at www.early-pregnancy-tests.com I just ordered myself some. They have gotten pretty good reviews. I got the preggie pop drops since they are like a hard candy. Perhaps you could keep some in your desk for while at work??

19. TTCLILCU

TTCLILCU Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. I am nausea right now and have been on and off all day everyday for the last week!! I have found that drinking lemonade helps a bit. It horrible being at work and feeling this way! Especially for me because I teach elementary school and I'm constantly talking but worried that something else beside words is going to come out at anytime!