6 wk old sleeping more

ducky1502

Reaction score
My son is 6wks 4 days and today seems to be sleeping so much more than normal. Hes a baby that is awake a good part of the day and has only a few short naps n sleeps all night apart from for feeds. Today we have only had a few short periods of awake time and is sleeping the rest. Hes going about 5hrd between feeds but is feeding well and polishing off 6oz. Getting good wet nappies etc.

Do you think he is ok? Ive heard of a 6wk growth spurt... Dont know if maybe he is going through that and is just tired from growing :shrug:

Callum slept lots at his 6 week growth spurt, i remember being quite worried but I was told that they need the sleep to develop xx

I would say its the growth spurt hun. Chloe was exactly the same at 6 weeks. She has never been a big sleeper in the day at all. About an hours sleep all day taken in 5 minute naps here and there. The only time she does sleep in the day is growth spurts and then she will literally hibernate and sleep all day!

It definatly sounds like he is feeding well if he's taking 6oz bottles. Chloe is nearly 11 weeks and will still only take 4!

All i can say is try and make the most of him sleeping a bit more these next few days!!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"