6 yr old sleep problem

debjolin

Reaction score
:nope: my daughter will not sleep all night in her own bed.
any advice or tips. with another one on the way i wud like to get this problem sorted asap. thanks

ive the same with my 6 yr son, he try to get in my bed, crys, then being sick

its a nightmare we have tried reward charts etc but it doesnt last very long.

Have you tried putting her straight back into her own bed when she gets up and tries to get into yours? You may have to do it a hundred times and for several nights but she'll soon learn that no matter what she does or how many times she tries to get into your bed you won't allow it and she'll eventually stop trying. Good luck and be determined.

i have tried but the problem is that i havnt stuck to it. im sooo tired these nights and give in, but i kno things will only get worse once bubs comes along.
i will start again tonite and this time stick to it. wish me luck.

My son was the same way up until around 6 months ago. We had to take something away from him in order for him to get into his own bed. We took away his games and his computer. Lasted one night and he slept in his bed.

Even then, the ceiling light had to be on, etc. I don't know how we did it, but the ceiling light is no longer on now but only a nightlight, our puppy needs to be with him in his room (LOL) and his little DVD movie player has to be on.

However, for the most part of the night he sleeps in his room and when and if he does come out in the wee hours of the morning, he goes straight to the couch and not into our bed.

Did you manage to start last night? If so, how did it go? I hope it went well and that you've not been left totally exhausted. :flower:

i have tried but the problem is that i havnt stuck to it. im sooo tired these nights and give in, but i kno things will only get worse once bubs comes along.
i will start again tonite and this time stick to it. wish me luck.

yep wev started. she actually did until 5am before she came in to us. shes usually in around 2am.
brought her straight bac to her bed again. just have to keep it up every night

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->