Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Pessimistic, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Pessimistic

Pessimistic Well-Known Member

2. Kimboowee

Kimboowee Complete

Twits! If somebody was getting too close to my car I would watch out the window and make sure they weren't going to hit it but I wouldnt go outside! Well unless they actually did something

3. babydevil1989

babydevil1989 Well-Known Member

Maybe they have lots of learners down there road that have hit there car? i know a few times when i was in my instructors car and we were in residential areas thet would look out of there windows. But to actually come out of there house and watch you is a bit over the top xxx

4. amie-leigh

amie-leigh Mummy To Princess Morgan

i know down my grans area there have been a few instructors take learners down the street and a few cars have been scratched but if the car was in the drive then their reaction was a bit over the top
    my instructor said something to me which makes sense to me so i will share
    "when you have L plates on the car you might as well have a big sign above your head but the minute you take the L plates off the car you are just another car on the road and no one bothers you"

5. Pessimistic

6. tina_h75

tina_h75 mommy of 3

I wouldn't let it get to you - obviously there was nothing on tv and they couldn't find anything better to do. You have every right to be on the road so just carry on with your practicing and good luck for your test. :thumbup:

7. cassysuri2010

cassysuri2010 Suri Young

My granddad is a driving instructor and he taught me how to drive. He used to avoid certain areas and he told me learner drivers used them all the time and residents used to get really pissed off with their area of the road constantly being used for reverse parks, parallel parking etc. Not sure if the area you went was used in those terms.

Maybe some learner driver went into their car before?

either way their attitude stinks!

8. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

Ohhh thats out of order :( Dont let it get to you or knock you though!! :hugs:

Its usually those kinda of people who have the most scuffs and scrapes, too busy worrying about what everyone else is doing rather than themselves!!

I feel so sorry for learner drivers, everyone gives them such a hard time, forgetting that once upon a time they too were a learner :dohh:

9. suzib76

suzib76 Well-Known Member

its unfortunate but when the majority of people pass their tests the forget they ever were learners and never seem to have any tolerance for them :(

10. indy and lara

indy and lara Well-Known Member

I would let it wash over you. I agree with the others who are saying that there are probably a lot of learners down the street and most probably cars have been hit.

11. JMC82

JMC82 Well-Known Member

They were totally out of order. It would be really offputting for you when they were staring at you like that so really insensitive of them. x

12. lesleyann

lesleyann Mummy

If i had of seen out the window and they looked really close i may of gone outside to make sure they had not of bumped my car (Oh's car i dont drive lol) and if the L who had got to close was continueing (sp?) to be reversing near my car i proberly would of stayied outside that way if they hit it i could of got details to claim

13. Tegans Mama

Tegans Mama home edding mum of 2

I'd ignore it. People are horrible to learners, beeping while driving 10cms away, giving them jip for driving 65 on a 70 mph dual carriageway. I had loads of trouble while I was learning

It really shocking though, how much that changes when you are just a "normal" driver after you take your test. I have been wary of learners almost clipping my car but what those people did you is unfair! And I think every single one of us who drives has gotten a tiny bit impatient with a new learner on the road driving at 15mph when we're in a rush. I try my best not to but sometimes it just happens :(

14. Linzi

Linzi Prodest mummy ever

some people are really awful if they see you have l plates on. The amount of times Ive been driving at the speed limit and had people wizzing past to overtake in really dangerous situations, just to prove something I guess.

As someone else said dont let it knock your confidence some people are just nobs and they're probably the ones who have all the accidents anyways.

Good luck with your test xx

15. lesleyann

lesleyann Mummy

Just thought id add since i dont drive it dont matter to me if a car has L plates on or not lol if someone is getting to close to our car i will watch lol

16. Twinkl3

Twinkl3 DD - 2014 ♡ DS - 2018

I think their reaction was a bit OTT. Should of wound your window down and asked if you could help them! People like that do my head in, I am also a learner driver.

It winds me up when Im in a 40mph zone and doing the correct speed and people get right up your arse first then over take, by law I am not doing anything wrong I am going the correct speed.

I have proper road rage even when I am in the car with the OH I do my fair share of shouting at silly drivers, especially the one's who don't indecate at roundabouts lol.

Good luck with your test! :hugs:

17. x_Rainbow_x

x_Rainbow_x Well-Known Member

I sit on the fence.. as a learner driver i had no problems at all with anything like that.. was treated perfectly on the roads...

Now i have my licence i find myself watching learner drivers and if they come to close to my car i will watch them like a hawk.. i suppose there just checking your not to close, and wernt happy your using there street as a driving course.. but then again where else is safe enough for you to learn? i used to practice on a private estate. Its off putting i no, but when your a driver learner drivers can be very off putting. One pushed me off the road a few months back and if it wasnt for the fact im a nice person and i was on a main carriageway id have got out and gone barmy! lol

18. Pessimistic

19. twinkle1975

twinkle1975 Well-Known Member

Well done for managing to turn round while she was giving you the evil eye!!