Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Kittifer, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Kittifer

Kittifer Well-Known Member

2. keljt1127

keljt1127 Well-Known Member

lol that acutally isnt a dumb question!
    yeah at first you wash a baby in the baby bath tub / or sink like I was as a child lol....

but yeah idk about when they get older :shrug:
    I always LOVED playing in the BATH TUB ( not shower... ) with my bath toys

I acutally still to this day love and prefer a bath over a shower
    so that def wouldnt fly with me personally!

3. Louise1985

Louise1985 Well-Known Member

i know exactly what u mean...i think you could probably manage it but be so much easier with a bath if u have a little one

some people use the sink until they are toddlers (old fashioned way) xxxx

4. purapura

purapura Well-Known Member

My hubby's privouse house didn't have a bath, and his son was having a shower when he was to big for a baby bath. But I will ask hubby for more details when he will wake up... I let him sleep now as soon he will have no sleep at all lol...

5. sianyld

sianyld Mammy to Baby Jakey :)

6. aggy

aggy Well-Known Member

I'm getting flexibath too

7. Cabbage

Cabbage Expecting Identical Twins

Hi, I am in the same boat as you (ie. no bath) so thanks for asking the question!

8. Kittifer

Kittifer Well-Known Member

I just imagined myself trying to keep a hold of a slippery little baby in the shower... like a bar of soap, fwip, he's gone!
    I'll have to look into these flexibaths, not heard of them before.

9. purapura

purapura Well-Known Member

Hi, asked hubby, and he said that they had really bad time trying to have the boy washed in the shower. It was always a fight. So if you can get that flexibath, go for it. Good luck.

10. LaLaBelle

LaLaBelle Well-Known Member

We used to use a cooler- like the big square ones you keep drinks cold in when you're on a picnic? I suppose you could also use a big plastic/rubber tub, too. My mom used to use the shower to fill it up, and dunk us in there. Then after we were done, she'd slowly empty it into the drain. It wasn't a huge deal, but it was probably a little bit of a pain in the butt for her.

I don't think I would want to live somewhere without a bathtub- I really, REALLY like taking baths, they're what I do when I get stressed! Our bathtub broke last year, and after three months of no baths, I was going out of my mind.

11. leahsbabybump

leahsbabybump Mummy to 3

i only have a shower in my place my 5 year old gets in no problems and he has done from such a young age i think he was just used to that so didnt mind :-/ ordinary baby baths are pretty big anyway so you could get away with one of the for a while. When i was a baby my nan used to bath me in the kitchen sink when i got too big to fit my but in it she used to sit me on the draining bored lol with my feet in the water and wsh me down lol xx

12. Rachel_C

Rachel_C Well-Known Member

I don't think not having a bath is a problem really. Just wash baby in the sink or a baby bath (or get one of those flexible basket/tub things that people put garden waste or toys in!) until they're too big, then sit them in the shower. If they're too young to sit unaided you could either hold them in a sitting position or as you would if they were in a bath, or get one of those bath support seats. As long as you have the water at the right temperature it will be fine. When they're older they can sit or stand up themselves. My toddler absolutely loves showers and will happily stay in all day, just as much as she loves baths.