My son's been picky lately and the easiest way to get him to eat veg is to make homemade soup or casserole as you can add loads of veg to it and he seems to love it that way. He usually rejects it otherwise. x

could u take the pressure off by cooking up a load of diff vegetables- not at a meal time- and sit down with her and play, let her see you feeling them and squishing them, and eating them, chances are after a few times of doing this she may start to relax and eat a bit x

Jacob was like this for a while, now he eats broccoli lol. He would eat broccoli and cauliflower cheese...well not proper, I'd just mush it up with some grated cheese and he'd eat that. Or what I used to do was make my own pasta sauce, it's a tomato sauce but with quite a lot of veg in it, it might not have been the best solution, but at least I knew he was getting them.

Chances are it will pass pretty soon. Let her see you eating lots of veg, and maybe keep trying to offer it, or just don't offer any for a week and come back to it...they seem to change what they like all the time! X

Phoebe is the same when she was being weaned she loved all vegetables, no anyone would think I am trying to poison her! Brocolli used to be her favourite now she just looks at it and says 'no like it' before pushing it away.

I have tried hiding it in food, mashing it up, letting her play with it but nothing so far has worked. She will ask for it from my plate but she just licks it and then says she doesnt like it. They only veg she will eat without any problems is sweetcorn, peas used to be the same before she decided she didnt like them!! Aggghhhh

Its the same with fruit altough she loves bananas and raisans which is good.

Ellis has been through this and appears to be through it although he still picks Mushrooms out of things. We never stopped offering the food with his dinner but put no pressure on him when he ate so veg was always dished up. Shephards Pie, Spag Bol and Mash (Great for Carrotts Broccoli with some cheese added to make it more desirable!) were the most successful when veg was hidden. They say it takes on average 21 tries for children for Children to try something new. Try not to worry, it should pass quickly enough.

If I'm making a pasta in tomato sauce for Charlie, I throw brocolli or spinach or greens into the blender and whiz them up. Soup is another good way (if she likes soup?) I just make allsorts of vegetable soups.
I don't buy fresh veg but the Steamfresh bags are great and there is one with brocolli, peas, sweetcorn and boiled rice all in a herb butter that Charlie loves - maybe try her with the frozen ones so your not throwing out a load of fresh veggies?
Or sweet potato or butternut squash wedges? Some toddlers prefer the sweeter veg I think. I would just keep putting it on the side of whatever else she's having - she might just start eating it one day. But I wouldn't let her see it's bothering you.

Ruby won't eat veg except broccoli. She won't eat peas, sweetcorn, carrots, asparagus, sweet potato, butternut squash, you name it I've offered it. She used to love all these things too. I just blend veg like carrot, leek and red pepper up with tomato pasta sauce, and use for pizza etc too. Some veg, like spinach are a lost cause because she recognises the texture a mile off.

If it's of even the smallest bit of comfort to you, I barely touched fruit OR veg until I was around 20 years old :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->