I consider natural to be vaginal to be honest, but not vontouse/forceps as that's assisted x

I think a natural birth means no pain relief, gas and air is pain relief therefor I dont think thats a natural birth.

I had a natural birth, at home in the pool, no pain relief what so ever. Although I did have 1 Tylenol (paracetamol) in early labor (my labor was 32 hours from the first contraction and painful from early on)

Thanks. I'm very proud of myself, but I truly believe that any woman can do that.
You just have to believe 100% that your body can do it and don't fear it

my sister gave birth to twins within 6 mins of each other with zero pain relief as they came too quick lol.

Now that is something to be proud of imo.

I failed in all things natural with my birth.

I think a natural birth means no pain relief, gas and air is pain relief therefor I dont think thats a natural birth.

I had a natural birth, at home in the pool, no pain relief what so ever. Although I did have 1 Tylenol (paracetamol) in early labor (my labor was 32 hours from the first contraction and painful from early on)

Paracetemol is pain relief? :shrug:

Yes it is used to relief pain , so it's pain relief?!

Yes it is used to relief pain , so it's pain relief?!

So you didn't have a natural birth? As you had pain relief (no matter how small?)

your birth experience sounds wonderful, but it wasn't "natural" under your definition was it? It was natural under mine though :thumbup:

I'm uber proud of myself - I was in labour 31 hours, had every drug going because of the syntocinon drip causing so much pain, failed forceps resulting in a c section.

All women should feel proud of themselves for giving birth however they do it or whichever way it goes when its beyond our control, just because someone has no pain relief doesnt make them any better than anyone else.

My daughter got stuck as she was too big for me - therefore not all women can do it "naturally" but should I not be proud of myself for going through all that agonising pain and excruciating recovery afterwards? Of course I should be!

Sorry it just really gets my back up as many make insensitive comments and it makes many of us who didnt have a choice feel like a failure not to mention I didnt get any milk or colostrum to feed her. Double failure whammy!

To the OP - a natural delivery is completely no medication for pain :flower:

I do admire women who do it with absolutely nothing but also I wonder why they dont want any pain relief. Higher pain threshold? Trying to prove a point? Being a martyr? Not wanting to "drug up" their baby (most medications dont affect the baby anyway)......

Each to their own though :) for me I didnt see the point in being in pain if I didnt need to be. I would've ended up with a section either way as she was too big for me, even the midwives commented theres no way I'd have been able to birth her naturally unfortunatley :( xx

mine wasn't natural. 49 hours from first contractions. Had a sweep and found out was 3cm, paracetamol until 7cm, went to hospital at 4am then had gas and air. Charlie was born at 12.45pm (got stuck twice and didn't want to come out, lazy boy!). So no, i had pain relief so not a natural birth.

Lol funny how people get offended while I didn't even say anything rude.

Lol@ trying to prove a point etc.
I never said women that use pain relief can't be proud ??
I just said I was proud of myself, can't I say that without stepping on peoples toes that have used pain relief?
My baby was actually "stuck" too as she was in the birth canal the wrong way, she had to turn and that's why my labor took so long (32 hours).
Does this have to be a contest on who had the most pain etc? I can't just write That I'm proud of myself for having a natural birth ?
That's kinda sad

Hello :hugs:

I have had 4 babies and I'm very proud of giving birth. They were not natural births as i had gas and air with all of them :thumbup:

I have to say they were all different pain wise and the last was most definitely the worst as i was induced :wacko:. I think had it of gone on much longer i may of been tempted to have some other form of pain relief lol.

Be proud no matter how your baby came out. Lets face it men would never cope with what happens to us :haha:

We are amazing lol :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I just said I was proud of myself, can't I say that without stepping on peoples toes that have used pain relief?
My baby was actually "stuck" too as she was in the birth canal the wrong way, she had to turn and that's why my labor took so long (32 hours).
Does this have to be a contest on who had the most pain etc? I can't just write That I'm proud of myself for having a natural birth ?
That's kinda sad

of course not it just came across quite arrogant and you said "all women can do it" referring to naturally. Not all women can so this isnt true.

Not sure where this is going?

OP - I think it has different meaning for different people. I would say 'natural' in terms of no pain relief and no assistance (as in instrumental, not personnel wise).

Labour and delivery is a sensitive issue. Every women should be proud of how they delivered their LO as each experience is difference. I am proud of myself for what I did - giving birth! End of!

if you have no pain relief at all and no forceps, ventouse ect then its a natural birth.

<3

ness you did an amazing job and should be incredibly proud. Does that drip mean you were induced? If so i was told that means you pretty much have to have pain relief because your contractions don't build gradually they hit really quickly and really hard so your body doesn't have time to get used to the pain. You're a brave lady. I asked for pethadine when charlie first got stuck (i was 10cm for aaages but had a sort of rim over part of his head which meant i was pushing against the same spot for hours bruising him :( ), but was told it was too late. i was also told that when he got stuck the second time if i was at a hospital it'd have been a c section for sure because he just wouldn't come round that 'u bend' so to speak but no doctors or surgeons at the birthing centre. They were an hour away from blue lighting me from huddersfield to halifax when he was born x

I am really confused. As far as I am concerned, a natural birth is one when the baby is born vaginally but without forceps.. How can the use of pain relief deem a birth UNnatural? I had an epidural with my 1st born (but let it wear out before I pushed), and used only gas and air with my second. Both babies were 9 pounders plus and trust me, I felt NATURE in all it's power and glory..

I do think it is very unfair and insensitive to say every woman CAN have a natural birth. If that was the case, every woman WOULD but things happen and medical interference in aid of a baby's safety must always hold more importance and 'esteem' than a natural birth.

OP. I would say yes you did have anatural birth. IMO.

That's kinda sad

I just pointed out your contradiction :D I am jealous! I wanted a water birth :) Unfortunatley for me I suffered PPROM at 28 weeks resulting in an induction and being hooked up to IV antibiotics with an eventual C-section!

You can most certainly be proud of your birth :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"