6th Cycle of Clomid, Then What?

sammyttc

Trying to Conceive
Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I am expecting AF any time now, and will be starting my 6th cycle of clomid (100mg). I am seeing my RE at the end of August, but am just trying to prepare myself for what might be coming. What have your experiences been after 6 rounds of clomid? We have been ttc unsuccessfully for 2 years in August, and have had one loss...

Hi took me 12 months of taking clomid to conceive my ds the 12th month all i did differently from other months was to use opks, took epo & used preseed i started to get disheartened after being on clomid for 11 months & 12th month was supposed to be last month before they were going to refer me for iui but something must've worked. I took robitussin too. If your ovulating on it have you also been taking anythibg to combat hostile cm as one of biggest side effects of clomid is making your cm hostile. Gopd luck hun hope you get ypur bfp soon

Thanks so much for your response! In your 12 months, did your dosage change? I have been taking Robitussin and we use Preseed, but for this month I'll pick up some epo!! I do find my cm completely different when on Clomid, so thank god for OPKs or I'd be so confused.

Thanks again !!

Your most welcome hun i never thought it'd happen for us took 5 yrs initially first 2 yrs we tried & nothing then went to docs had all tests & came bk fine apart from low ov levels so was initially put on 50mg of clomid first 6 months nothing then they put me on another 50mg for another 6 months. I still dont know why they didn't increase the dosage also they didn't really do any tests in between to check if the clomid had even worked which i now find strange but anyway it worked in that last 12th month i myself went onto forums & did some reasearch & realised the clomid makes cm hostile. So was month like i mentioned i took epo from cd1-ovulation thn stop. Also timed sex around fertile window & used opks & preseed. Anyway this time i been ttc for 6 months now will be going onto 7th month & struggling afain although last year i did come off mini bc pill & conceived second cycle but mc. So this time i'm trying to avoid clomid & this cycle did some research & came across vitex so it's the natural herbal alternative to clomid i'v started that this cycle so update you if i'm successfull. If you dont have luck with clomid read up on vitex & maybe try it x

Can i just ask what was reason they put you on the clomid? I dudn't know much about other alternatives at that time & was actually going to go for iui if clomid didn't work but i now lnow there's so much else we can do before going down that rd. clomid just forces your body to ovulate but read up vitex actually balances out all hormones, lengthens Lp, increases fertile cm, brings forward ov & also a stronger ov & alot of women have succesfully conceived on it. Here to chat if you need to hang in there it will happen x

Thanks so much for all of the info. Actually, that is something I wanted to ask my RE when I go for my appointment because they havent checked to make sure mine is working either! I guess they assume because my loss happened while I was on it. Anyway, who knows.

I appreciate the info about vitex!!! I am very interested in alternatives to traditional drugs. I'm going to look it up. Do you order it online? What about epo? Online? I'll have to place an order!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->