6w6d scan, sent away confused again :(

MrsHennieB

Amelia Belle's Mummy <3
Reaction score
Hi girls.
Had an awful morning. Our story so far.....ttc 4 and a half years with PCOS. We've 3 angel babies and this conception is a Clomid baby.

As any lttc'er knows; opk's are VITAL, especially when fertility drugs are involved. So, I know when I ovulated.

Today's scan, I should have measured 6w6d. The sonographer said I was 5w5d. The pregnancy sac and yolk sac have grown from a scan I had a week ago, but she would have liked to have seen a heartbeat today. No such luck :cry:
I REALLY believed this was our time and we've let ourselves believe it. Now, we've been sent home for another week. I don't know how I'm going to get through it, I really don't.

Does anyone have a similar story with a successful outcome, or should I just expect the worst? :(

didn't wanna read and run dear- good luck and praying for you!

Aww hun, i really hope its all gonna turn out ok, hope next week comes by really quick for u xxxx

good luck to you both. i can only imagine how difficult this wait and not knowing must be. i really hope and pray everything will be okay x

I have heard many stories similar to this and the next week there was embryo and heartbeat. Good luck to you. I can imagine how hard it is after going through infertility with my ex.

There's a thread on here called 'Group for ladies measuring earlier :)' I'm part of it and have had scans both in this pregnancy and my last that have measured early then caught up no problems. xxx

Try not to worry too much. I myself was put back 3 weeks which was impossible due to the times we BD, and last scan I'd caught up again by a week. I don't think early scan are always super accurate.
Also take into account that sperm live for ~5 days so that can throw dates off as well.

There's a support group on here for ladies measuring earlier, you can join us there for reassurance etc.

Keep the faith! I know it's hard but anythings possible!

Thanks everyone :hugs:
I'm already in the "group for ladies measuring earlier"; I input my details from the first scan I had. My details aren't on the front page, since the lady who started the group had bad news, around the time I joined......I didn't re-ask for my details to be added. Thanks for the suggestion though :hugs:
I'm trying to cling onto the positives and think.....if I am only 5w5d, then the scan would be about right wouldn't it?
Gawd, this is a flippin nightmare! I just hope and pray that next week we see a little heartbeat; there's nothing I want more. I want my lovely hubby to be a dad and I feel like SUCH a failure :(

Didn't want to R&R but if you are only measuring 5+5 I wouldn't loose hope yet, when I went for a 5+5 scan there was no heartbeat and not even a fetal pole yet! Needless to say I had a very healthy baby 9 months later! And this was the baby they were convinced I was having an ectopic pregnancy because they got my dates all wrong! I'm praying they just have your dates wrong. This next week is going to go by so slow but I will be praying for you and keeping mf FXed that they find a heartbeat next week. :hugs:

My bump buddy went for her scan at 7wks KNOWING when she o'd but got put back to 5wks.10 days later they found a hb.at the 12wk scan baby had caught up with those missing 2wks and measured 14wks.every baby grows at different rates Hun,some grow a little every day and others just have big growth spurts.I'm sure urbaby will b fine this time babe xx

Thank you so much :hugs: I just want everything to be perfect. This HAS to be our time now, we've waited so long. Ach, I'm so drained, I wish I had an ultrasound machine!

Fingers crossed for you and hoping the next week flies!!

I wanted to say that I had been TTC for 18 months when I fell and I got my bfp on Christmas morning @ 10dpo. My previous pregnancy ended due to an ectopic so they had me come in for an u/s at 5wks +1 ... bebe was in utero but was measuring small and they set my due date back a couple days. Two weeks later at 7 wks +1 I came back in for a repeat u/s to find the heartbeat. I was concerned because at first my doctor was having a hard time even finding the baby! But, she did and then a few more horrifying minutes passed before we saw the tiny flicker on the screen of the heartbeat. :cloud9: My doctor informed me that (s)he was measuring small... about 6wks +3. She told me that it's nothing to worry about though. I hope my story helps you a bit. I wish you the happiest and healthiest 9 months. :hugs:

Thank you so much :hugs: I just want everything to be perfect. This HAS to be our time now, we've waited so long. Ach, I'm so drained, I wish I had an ultrasound machine!

I know babe,we tried for 32 months and when we finally got our bfp it ended in mc,I was sent for an early scan when I got this bfp and I said to the sonographer "if I could stay here until 12wks I'd b ok" and she said it's suprising how many women say that.I thought I'd b ok after 12wks but I'm worse,think I'm just gonna b a paranoid wreck until I'm holding baby happy and healthy at the end of it all.not sure if uve seem the thread but in here somewhere is a thread for women measuring early and I think urll find alot of happy stories in there babe xx

Inplanatation can take a few extra days as well. My story is also in the ladys measuring ealier thread. I went thinking i was 5w6d. My scan said 4 weeks. 2 weeks later i should of been 6 weeks by there dates but was 7w4d so caught up a little. then had 12 week scan and was 13 weeks. So that 1st scan i would of been 6 weeks but no beanie or HB

Thanks so much, everyone. Your stories are so uplifting and certainly give me a little glimmer of hope, where I thought there was none. I'm so nervous,can't eat,can't sleep. I want to take that pained expression off my DH's face and replace it with a smile.
Honestly, I HOPE and pray that I can be one of those uplifting stories that people refer back to. I felt hopeless earlier, but now thanks to you lovely ladies, I feel there may still be a chance! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->