6week1day ultrasound scan, empty sac HELP!

molulife

Reaction score
I had a 6w1d ultrasound just yesterday and came out very disappointed. My gestational sac measure 15mm (mean diameter) and the sac was empty, no yolk sac or fetal pole visible. I still have my morning sickness, frequent peeing, extreme hunger.
In the ultrasound, another thing we saw was another smaller thing. The doctor said that it looked like a cyst under the uterus, but it looked like a tiny sac ( not sure what it was).

Help please, this is my second pregnancy. My first pregnancy was a misacarriage, 6w4d ultrasound didn't show any gestational sac at all and I started bleeding in couple days.

Has anyone had anything similar? Will this result in any positive outcome :(
:cry::cry:

What has the Dr said? Have they asked you to go back for a follow up scan/blood tests?
Hope all goes ok

i had jus an empty sac at 5 and a half weeks they said went back 9 days later and sow a baby measuring 7 and a half weeks my profile pic is from yesterday dont give up hope x

CWB86 - Dr has asked me to go back on Tuesday for follow up ultrasound. He said he was a bit concerned. He also decided not to have any blood drawn because blood draw on 5w4d ( Monday) was at 7800.

Kelz86- oh thankgod for good news for you. Congratulations again! I am hoping when I go back on Tuesday I'd be able to see something ...

Maybe you are not as far along, could your dates be a little off? Hopefully you'll have better news at the next scan. Good luck x

6 weeks is still too early for many women to see more than a gestational sac (including me!). I so wish doctors would stop ordering those early scans. I went in at 5w6d and the ultrasound tech said she honestly didn't expect to see anything, maybe we'd get lucky, but sorry that this would probably be a waste of time. Try your very best not to put too much stock in this scan and wait it out until 7weeks to get another. I know the wait is hard though.

I had an empty sac at 5w6d. I was rescanned at 6w4d and there was a fetal pole and yolk sac. Sometimes right at 6 weeks is just a bit too early, but a couple of days can make all the difference this early on. Don't give up hope yet. :hugs:

Hope all goes well for you on Tuesday

I had an empty sac at 6+1 that was measuring 5+5. I had another scan at 7+4 where there was a baby with a heartbeat. Everything caught up and was measuring at 7+4.

Good luck tomorrow! Keeping my fingers crossed :hugs:

Update: went in today for ultrasound. As soon as the technician inserted the probe the doctor yelled 'there is the baby'. Soon she fell quiet. We thought we were able to see something sometimes and none sometimes. At 3 different times, me, my doctor and dh were able to see flickering, but every time the technician tried to measure, she wasn't able to get a heartbeat. The doctor said that ' she was on the fence', am not sure if she is positive or not. Lets see, probably have an appointment on Saturday for f/u ultrasound.
Thank-you all for your replies, keep me in all your prayers, I hope for a better outcome on Saturday.

Just read this thread today and thought I'd say that I went in for an ultrasound yesterday morning (6w) and she just barely saw a yolk sac and not much else. We could not see any flickering or get a heartbeat but she said that this early on it is always very hit or miss. I would say that since the baby has grown to be somewhat recognizable compared to your first scan, then you're in good shape. Baby is clearly growing which is definitely good, and if you were able to see fluttering, just not measure a heartbeat then it probably just means it needs a few days to get stronger. You'll be in my prayers <3

Last Thursday was our ultrasound, only to find out that our little one stopped growing after 6weeks 3 days. There was no heartbeat, nothing! We had a D&C on Friday and now we are recovering from our loss.
Thanks for all your concern and prayers.

Last Thursday was our ultrasound, only to find out that our little one stopped growing after 6weeks 3 days. There was no heartbeat, nothing! We had a D&C on Friday and now we are recovering from our loss.
Thanks for all your concern and prayers.

So very sorry for your loss :hugs:

So sorry, I am going through similar thing. I have opted to wait but, things aren't progressing on their own so seems like I have to go the D&C path.

My god....I'm sorry. I pray u soon get a cute angel....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->