7+1 HCG only 4454

kdmalk

Reaction score
I work at a small hospital and my excited lab director wanted to do my HCG on Friday when I told her I was pregnant. I didn't worry much about it and she finally gave my my results today. The test was done at 7+1 and my HCG was only at 4454. According to the range on the printout, that puts me at most in the 4-5 week category, which is literally impossible based on the fact that the last time we bd was when I O'd in mid September. My first appointment is tomorrow and I am going to be a nervous wreck until then. Has anybody else had pretty low HCG and everything turned out alright? I have had zero bleeding or spotting. I'm almost tempted to have her take my blood again and see if it is going up because it has been 4 days. But I'm also not sure I want to know. Ughhhhh.

I work at a small hospital and my excited lab director wanted to do my HCG on Friday when I told her I was pregnant. I didn't worry much about it and she finally gave my my results today. The test was done at 7+1 and my HCG was only at 4454. According to the range on the printout, that puts me at most in the 4-5 week category, which is literally impossible based on the fact that the last time we bd was when I O'd in mid September. My first appointment is tomorrow and I am going to be a nervous wreck until then. Has anybody else had pretty low HCG and everything turned out alright? I have had zero bleeding or spotting. I'm almost tempted to have her take my blood again and see if it is going up because it has been 4 days. But I'm also not sure I want to know. Ughhhhh.

I don't have any experience with this but I would definitely have her do another test if it were me. It's been 4 days and it's right there for you to do! I hope it all works out. :hugs:

I believe my friend who had fertility treatment to get pregnant had a really low hcg levels to begin with and she now has a happy and healthy one year old boy.

I asked the midwife about hcg levels because mines seemed very high at five weeks (8500) and I was concerned about ectopic or multiples as I was bleeding, she assured me that there is a huge range of hcg levels and not to obsess over them, it's the rise or fall of the hcg which is significant. :hugs:

A low hCG level could mean you have irregular cycles or longer cycles than average or you could ovulate later in your cycle. Your baby is really younger than the 28-day pregnancy wheel predicts. A single hCG value doesn't give enough information about the viability of the pregnancy. A normal pregnancy may have low hCG levels and deliver a perfectly healthy baby.
The HCG level usually rises as pregnancy progresses, doubling every 48-72 hours until 11-12 weeks of the pregnancy. Blood hCG levels are not very helpful to test for the viability of the pregnancy if the hCG level are above 6,000 and/or after 6-7 weeks of the pregnancy. Instead, the results on an ultrasound after 5-6 weeks gestation are much more accurate than using hCG numbers. The rapid increase in HCG peaks, between seven and 12 weeks after the last menstrual period (LMP), and then starts to decline.
However, for some, low levels could indicate an ectopic pregnancy or a possible miscarriage. The only way to know is to test again within a few days and compare the results to obtain a clearer picture on what may be happening with your baby and body.

All is well. Apparently my dates were off because I have longer cycles. Guess the sperm decided to wait around a few days. By today's ultrasound I am actually 6+1 and levels are okay for being taken last Friday because I was still only 5 weeks! We saw a heartbeat!

the levels of hcg vary among women who are in the same week of pregnancy. like, normal levels ranging from 400 to 6000 in one week. yours does seem low according to the WTE chart. have you been taking your prenatals? might boost the baby's growth. all i know is my levels are so high that my leftover home pregnancy tests are showing nearly negative because they are overwhelmed of the hcg. it was so scary at first, because it made me think my levels were going down. turns out its because my levels are really high(not abnormally high, its due to the pregnancy progression).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"